SGL31 with authentic Russian Plum stock set/ Izhevsk plum mag

I think the sling is wrong for the era but besides that I'm happy with it
    on a side note I need to work on my photography skillz

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    That -31 Looks great. :thumbsup:

All shoots the same but I wish the newer ones still had the front trunnion rollmark and clean stamping like yours too.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's

SGL31 with authentic Russian Plum stock set/ Izhevsk plum mag

I think the sling is wrong for the era but besides that I'm happy with it
    on a side note I need to work on my photography skillz

When I finish up my full-time active duty commitment and switch over to Reserve, I'll be reserving down in the VA Beach area. I could bring my camera along and take some fancy-schmancy photos for ya sometime. :thumbsup:

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    When I finish up my full-time active duty commitment and switch over to Reserve, I'll be reserving down in the VA Beach area. I could bring my camera along and take some fancy-schmancy photos for ya sometime. :thumbsup:

I appreciate that man but I'm in fairfax. Maybe we can shoot together sometime in MD, I go between SoMD/Balt County often

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    you mean the arrow?

Yep, I usually don’t see it on the trunnion of the newer Fime rifles.

And the Fime name on the newer ones is usually applied in that dot matrix format vs the cleaner, stamped Arsenal/Legion name on the older ones. Doesn’t mean much, just looks better to me.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Yep, I usually don’t see it on the trunnion of the newer Fime rifles.

And the Fime name on the newer ones is usually applied in that dot matrix format vs the cleaner, stamped Arsenal/Legion name on the older ones. Doesn’t mean much, just looks better to me.

I heard that before, I'm not doubting you at all but I just looked at a late 2012 sgl26-61 and the trunnion has the izhevsk arrow the same as the 2009 sgl31. Same story with a new RWC 2013 saiga sporter I have laying around

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    No I hear you. I’m no authority on the subject at all. That's just what I’ve typically seen (which admittedly is a small sample size, maybe a couple dozen).

Mine are a mixture. I have a 2013 Fime SGL31-68 that has dot matrix printing and no trunnion mark. But then I have a 2012 Fime SGL21-61 which has the dot matrix printing but actually has the Izhmash marking on the trunnion. Sort of random I guess.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    No I hear you. I’m no authority on the subject at all. That's just what I’ve typically seen (which admittedly is a small sample size, maybe a couple dozen).

Mine are a mixture. I have a 2013 Fime SGL31-68 that has dot matrix printing and no trunnion mark. But then I have a 2012 Fime SGL21-61 which has the dot matrix printing but actually has the Izhmash marking on the trunnion. Sort of random I guess.

the factory must have several machines that do the same thing a different way, makes sense.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    that ain't me, that's just the wood. open box, install on rifle.

ready to shit a chicken? that shit's tapco.

Its hard to dick up wood. :lol2: That does look good though. Now the Tapco polymer stuff is meh. . .then again my 10/22 lives in a Tapco :)

I heated up my 545 (came in monday!) Rifle Dynamics AK today. So much so that I couldnt hold it even with a glove on. And I took a big dose of man the F up before I started. . .had Ultimak rail marks and polymer handguard sunburn on my hand when I took the glove off. It was great. :D

I need to get a RD AK group pic up. I think Ill take them outside tomorrow and get some pics of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom