• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgtbilco

Nov 25, 2008
    For those of you who have done your own NFA trust, can you post or message me some of the following information?
    I am planning on using Quicken 2008/09

1. I am concerned about using the "appropriate NFA language" in order to make sure the transaction is legit.
    2. What areas need special attention with this type of language?
    3. Any areas of consideration where I may get hung up or confused by phrasing.

I have read through all the posts in other topics and I still do not have a warm and fuzzy on it.
    Thanks for your help.

(If anyone has a sample/redacted NFA trust they would be willing to share, that would be awesome.)

<Mach1

Past the Vanishing Point
    Mar 3, 2008
    No to be an ass hat but a legitimate trust in MD is a trust.

The whole concept of "appropriate NFA language" pertains to whomever succeeds you (grantees) and their liabilities. Not to say someone has one, but I suppose what you wouldn't want to do is leave your worthless criminal wife, child, sibling & so on all your nfa firearms that they could not legally posses, but would due to your demise, if the trust was written incorrectly. Obviously that would only add to their existing misery.

Call it harsh but I've always felt anyone of age listed in my trust understands their liabilities/rewards & will act accordingly. If not they can always be removed before I'm done.

sgtbilco

Nov 25, 2008
    @BIGDTC. I saw that link but could I just take that template and substitute all my information and my own trust name and be GTG? That just seems to easy, hence this topic to make sure I am not missing something

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    What are tyhe basic steps for using a Trust?

1) Are finger print cards needed?
    2) Are photos needed?
    3) Can I list more than 1 NFA item on a single trust?

More questions to follow.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I did not see the answers to my questions in that thread. Still reading through it but the questions I am asking dont seem to be covered there.

Dave

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    No. What has been provided is a template.

You will have to provide your personal details in your copy of the trust, thus making it your property.

I know it's a template, and I understand the concept. Sorry: that was poorly worded. I told you it was a stupid question. LOL. My only concern was that it's someone else's work with my information substituted, but I suppose that's what most legal documents are.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Pretty much. Why invent the wheel.

Still curious how the actual process works.

i.e. - Print the trust, sign and get it Notarized, fill out form 1 and/or form 4.

Photo or Finger prints needed? Then send the trust and the form (1/4) in to BATFE?

Dave

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Photo or Finger prints needed? Then send the trust and the form (1/4) in to BATFE?

Dave

Create your trust, have it notarized.

When you are looking to purchase an NFA item, make a copy of your trust, and sendit with the ($200/$5) check, Form (1/4) to the BATFE.

When you get your approved tax stamp, add the item to the trust inventory, and resubmit that page back to the BATFE to show the item is now in the trust.

That's it, no photographs or fingerprints required. With that said, Machine guns still require you to go through the Maryland State Police.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Create your trust, have it notarized.

When you are looking to purchase an NFA item, make a copy of your trust, and sendit with the ($200/$5) check, Form (1/4) to the BATFE.

When you get your approved tax stamp, add the item to the trust inventory, and resubmit that page back to the BATFE to show the item is now in the trust.

That's it, no photographs or fingerprints required. With that said, Machine guns still require you to go through the Maryland State Police.

Thanks! What is the $5 for? I thought it was $200 for both Form1 and Form 4?

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I am looking at putting together a 9MM AR with Gemtech Talon SBR upper, an LWR dedicated 9mm lower (it uses Glock mags), and a Gemtech Multi-Mount can. Unless I find a can that would work better.

Figured I would need a Form1 for the SBR upper ($200) and a Form 4 for the can ($200).

Sound right?

Dave

sgtbilco

Nov 25, 2008
    @ INIGOES. See I did not know that about resubmitting a copy of the trust with the added NFA item. So initially I send in the check for $200, Form 1/4 and a copy of the notarized trust. Once It is approved, I send the entire trust with the added item? Do the dates to the trust need to be chaned? Does it need to be renotarized?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    @ INIGOES. See I did not know that about resubmitting a copy of the trust with the added NFA item. So initially I send in the check for $200, Form 1/4 and a copy of the notarized trust. Once It is approved, I send the entire trust with the added item? Do the dates to the trust need to be chaned? Does it need to be renotarized?

Once you get the tax stamp (approval), the item is then added to your trust, you only send the "Schedule A" or what's called "Inventory of Trust" back to the BATFE.

Nothing has to be re-notarized.

If you think about it. The BATFE already has your trust, Form 1/4, and your money. They just want to make sure the item is part of the trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom