• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    If someone at the show could post any reports of reasonably priced 9x18 Makarov ammo, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

A vendor on the left side, j and c, has fiocchi 9x18 at $17 per 50. No idea if that's considered good.

Also seeing lots of 22lr prices at .10 to .15c per round.

Also, several of those keltec shotguns around $800

Edit: 9x18, not 9x19

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    What do you consider "reasonably priced"? I don't know much about it, but I'll check it out if I see any.

I'd really like to find under 28c/round. Less would be better to justify schlepping out there for ammo. Wolf is available online at 25c/round, if you don't count shipping.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    One vendor had Hodgdon international clays powder and one had universal clays. First I've seen of either in a year. One vendor sold out of Unique before I got there. Other powders were available. Red Dot, 700x, 800x, 2400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I just got back, it was a pretty standard Chantilly show. Ammo prices were middle-of-the-road for the most part, not great but usually not completely ridiculous either. I snagged a few boxes of 5.7 for a reasonable price, other handgun ammo seemed close to reasonable. But for things like 5.56 and 7.62x39, online is still a better deal. Standard-capacity magazines abound, of course. Cheap and plentiful for the AR platform, somewhat less so for other platforms. I didn't really pay that much attention to gun prices, as I had no intention of buying one there. All in all, I certainly didn't come out ahead or anything, when you consider the hour drive and entrance fee, but I always enjoying going just for something to do. If nothing else, there's neat stuff to gawk at.

twan

Oct 30, 2009
    Owings Mills, MD
    Pmags at $10, window for $13-14.

Ammo prices sucked.......
    I found windows for 10$ & 5 for 45$ no windows. Guy in back near lady making ear plugs had in a box. Wont see if you dont look down in the box cause have no sign up beside one laying in the box.

5 for 45$ are about 3 aisles over from the far right towards the middle of row he have a big sign up.

1k 223 tula for 275$ maybe 3 aisles over from left 1 or 2 row from the back sitting on ground with other boxes of ammos. No sign up but its written on the boxes.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Maybe it is something that I had never noticed before, but it seemed like there were a lot of people selling concealed carry holsters. There was even one guy custom making them for $40 for the first holster and $20 for each additional one.

I did not see anyone carrying Leupold or Nightforce scopes. There was one guy with a Vortex Razor but I did not really get a good feel for it since he was really busy talking to other customers. I checked out the Fort Knox safes, walked all over the show, and left after about an hour without buying anything.

Cal68

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    This was the first time I had visited this show. I was specially looking for an iwb holster, & bought one of those "$40 for the first & 20 for the next" holsters. My buddy & split the difference & both got $30 holsters. I was also looking for standard capacity 15-rd Glock 19 magazines, which all show as back-ordered online, & aren't in-stock at a couple of places I visit on to trips to NC. I not only found them at the show, but got them for $24 each. Finally, I had a couple of things I wanted done to each of two different Glocks, & was able to get them done quickly by the Glock doc in the back of the room. I opted to delay having new sights installed, but found the trip to be worth the gas, & entry fee since I had specific things on my buy-list. For things I wasn't looking for, there were a lot of antique dealers, tshirts, even furniture, & guitars. I wasn't impressed with ammo prices, nor did I see any great deals on firearms w/ two exceptions: I did see LEO trade-in Glocks for, I think it was, $340, & it may have even been the same guy who had LEO trade-in AR15'S for 600-650, & Bushmasters for $499. Finally, it was weird but enjoyable being in the U.S. of A. & being able to carry. It felt wrong having to pull over & disarm by the old haunted gas station on 15 just before coming back over the river.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    This was the first time I had visited this show. I was specially looking for an iwb holster, & bought one of those "$40 for the first & 20 for the next" holsters. My buddy & split the difference & both got $30 holsters.

I was looking at the holster as well but not having researched CC holsters before going to the show, I did not know if the ones the guy was making on site was worth it or not. Just for my knowledge, can you very briefly tell me what makes these holsters worth buying? Maybe I'll get one the next time I go to the show!

Cal68

twan

Oct 30, 2009
    Owings Mills, MD
    I was looking at the holster as well but not having researched CC holsters before going to the show, I did not know if the ones the guy was making on site was worth it or not. Just for my knowledge, can you very briefly tell me what makes these holsters worth buying? Maybe I'll get one the next time I go to the show!

Cal68
    They was good holsters but his price was a little high for a kydex holster. I have seen alot cheaper.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    They was good holsters but his price was a little high for a kydex holster. I have seen alot cheaper.
    I split the cost with a buddy I was with so we each got them for $30. For me or was more off a target of opportunity than perhaps an ideal solution. Since I can't carry in MD, I won't be using it for every day carry (EDC), so in my case good enough for the occasional couple of days I may be out of state is good enough. I will say that ultimately I'll be getting a Stealthgear Onyx iwb holster.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County

I split the cost with a buddy I was with so we each got them for $30. For me or was more off a target of opportunity than perhaps an ideal solution. Since I can't carry in MD, I won't be using it for every day carry (EDC), so in my case good enough for the occasional couple of days I may be out of state is good enough. I will say that ultimately I'll be getting a Stealthgear Onyx iwb holster.

Thanks guys.

Cal68

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Rough, get there early.
    I got there at about 9am last time & got a space in the main lot, but only because someone else was pulling out. Nevertheless, the exhibit hall did not feel crowded at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom