• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I would be much more sympathetic if the scum bag had not burgled his neighbor.

You could almost play this as a guy that just missed shooting, but no.

Nope...

You burglarize someone you are a scumsucking lowlife.

Throw the book at em I say

Erick

Sep 13, 2013
    MP5-22 and a Persuada? Nice. I didn't see what reason the defendant was a felon. The law is the law, but it looks like these were "sporting/target" firearms and not the type you find on violent criminals in Baltimore City.

just in general no w/ regards to this case:

Back in the day Being a Felon meant you were a pretty bad dude.
    Nowadays so many things are felonies...it really waters down the meaning of the term and makes these laws worthy or reexamination

Blackstar65

Jun 27, 2010
    just in general no w/ regards to this case:

Back in the day Being a Felon meant you were a pretty bad dude.
    Nowadays so many things are felonies...it really waters down the meaning of the term and makes these laws worthy or reexamination

That is not quite true. The threshold to be charged and in more cases to be convicted of a felony in this state has greatly increased. For example felony theft in this state has gone from over $300 to over $500 to over $1000 in my 15 years. The threshold for 1st degree assault has been pushed to the point where you have to have damn near killed the person to be charged and convicted.

While at training for work at a local shop that has a gun range I witnessed a couple preparing to make a straw purchase. I was pretty obvious based on the behavior of the male half of the couple. The shop employee didn't seem to care at all. Somebody who worked in that jurisdiction addressed the issue.I have never been back to that shop since.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    No sympathy from me. This is more than just buying a gun for a friend that was wrongfully charged and convicted of a felony. Both knew they were breaking the law.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon

While at training for work at a local shop that has a gun range I witnessed a couple preparing to make a straw purchase. I was pretty obvious based on the behavior of the male half of the couple. The shop employee didn't seem to care at all. Somebody who worked in that jurisdiction addressed the issue.I have never been back to that shop since.

Out them

Jack5j

Nov 29, 2013
    Kent Island
    I would be much more sympathetic if the scum bag had not burgled his neighbor.

You could almost play this as a guy that just missed shooting, but no.

Nope...

You burglarize someone you are a scumsucking lowlife.

Throw the book at em I say

I know the neighbor, a very nice, hard working person. Throw the book at them.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    They both earned a big time out.

Now they both will need to find some sucker to buy guns for them when they get out.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Just saw this, I hadn't heard of it yet. I know of the purchaser, he is a relative of an in-law of mine. He always seem a little off. I feel bad for his parents.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I looked up the Welch guy on MD Case search. He has quite a history going back to the 1990's

Forgery,ROGUE AND VAGABOND,CDS and burglary after burglary. He should have been in jail a long time ago

For the lawyers and legal beagles. What the hell is rogue and vagabond?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Couldn't help but notice that Judge Blake, the judge who upheld SB281, is the judge in this case, too.

She therefore has a first-hand example of federal statutes already in place and working to effectively deal with straw purchasers, without the need for Maryland's draconian SB281. The defendants are charged and are entering pleas under federal, not state law. Plea agreements:

Attachments

• us v welch plea agmt..pdf
      368.4 KB · Views: 86
    • us v. sutton plea agmt.pdf
      341.2 KB · Views: 80
    If the Feds take the case you don't walk. The like their uber high conviction rates and only touch slam dunk cases. They will likely see some jail time.

True,but I know of a couple that the feds never picked up,one is a multi felon who was probation for multiple assaults and was caught with 2 guns another was on probation when he stole a shotgun,cut the barrel and ground the SN off.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom