• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    Hello all, getting married and we've got everything checked off except for a photographer. would love to give our business to a fellow member, failing that I'm open to recommendations. Wedding is 9-18-2015 at swan harbor in Harford county. Looking for a laidback, fun photographer.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Megan miller(now Megan lee) was ours. Excellent photos. Her husband and she worked as a team(ken following the guys on wedding day and Megan following the girls). We got our pictures on thumb drives with full rights to the images at the end, so we weren't forced to order through her for prints like other photographers demand. She was a third of the cost of other photographers and put in a lot of extra work because she's just growing her business and is trying to build a reputation. I gotta give her my full recommendation.
    https://www.facebook.com/meganmillerphoto?pnref=story

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Piece of advice... always get miltiple photographers. Technology these days, sometimes them media cards fails are common...

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Check out the photography thread. There are a few guys in there that do a lot of good work. I'm working on getting into the wedding business as well, have shot one and have shot a bunch of events.

I'll work on putting together a portfolio for you over the next week or two but I shoot with two guys and several cameras depending on lenses that are needed and all that jazz.

My advice:
    DO NOT get caught up on gear. I can't tell you how many idiot CL ads I've seen that say stuff like "send gear list, must have 20 megapixel camera or better". Hint: Nikon's brand new full frame pro camera only has like 16.

Make sure they have back up equipment and aren't just going to show up with a camera and go to town. Batteries crap out, they die, flashes burn up, cameras get dropped, lenses get cracked. Back up equipment is better than an equipment list.

Figure out what you want and make sure you're working with someone willing to take what you have to say to heart and is willing to work with you on that. Me...I'm not "super" creative but I've got a really good eye for candids and am pretty good at posing people and getting it to look natural. If you want something creative and different that you saw on Pintrest (or your wife saw) send the photographer links to it.

All that said, I'll gladly toss my hat in the ring if you're interested in seeing what I've got going on. Full disclosure: complete side thing, no business license or insurance etc though it is something I'd like to do legitimately if I can make it pay. And I do factor the "experience" into my compensation.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Also, if you're going to get two photographers, get two that either work together all the time or two that know how to work with second photographers. Otherwise, things like formals will have people looking in two directions. Not what you want when you're paying thousands of dollars for high quality images you're going to print and show your great grand children. (ask me how I know).

From last night (no, I'm not some super fast editor, I pick a few for teasers):
    15562193720_c503c3c569_c.jpg

Infosec Guy

Sep 20, 2009
    Columbia MD
    Paris & Akeia Rossiter are friends of mine who are amazing photographers. They do weddings & other special events, and are truly just great, down-to-earth people. They gave my wife & I full digital rights, re-touched as needed, and so on. I ended up with 16 GB of photos from our wedding!

They literally shadowed my wife & I on the big day, and got so many great candids of family & friends that we're still finding funny shots 2 years later. With the time synced on the cameras, we were able to literally re-create the day by dumping all the photos into one big folder.

https://www.facebook.com/HaddoxRossiterPro
    Tell them Perry Lynch sent you.

181490_10150933630728150_1835522014_n.jpg

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    r3t1awr3yd Is the photographer I was thinking about. I really like his pictures.

Info...was that a cellphone picture?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I was shooting a wedding last night or I might have responded sooner lol.

*raises hand*

Having seen your work here and on facebook, I think the OP would be wise to talk to r3. I met him at the big gun day in Annapolis 2 years ago and he was loaded with cameras then. Nice guy, send him a message.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Having seen your work here and on facebook, I think the OP would be wise to talk to r3. I met him at the big gun day in Annapolis 2 years ago and he was loaded with cameras then. Nice guy, send him a message.
    Thank you for the kind words!

r3t1awr3yd Is the photographer I was thinking about. I really like his pictures.

Info...was that a cellphone picture?

No sir lol. Full frame slr picture, two umbrella'd speed lights, and very little Lightroom editing :)

canonian

Jan 5, 2013
    Elkridge
    I've been known to do them from time to time.

Attachments

• 153198546.8TwpbbJ1.MR262.jpg
      153198546.8TwpbbJ1.MR262.jpg
      59.1 KB · Views: 148
    • 153198539.wfJoAeti.MR008.jpg
      153198539.wfJoAeti.MR008.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 150
    • 153198468.hJrGU96F.jpg
      153198468.hJrGU96F.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 154
    • 153198358.vE9K00BI.jpg
      153198358.vE9K00BI.jpg