• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    I know this cutting it very close to the Christmas Holiday but for those hard chargers here is another chance for some intermediate instruction on the carbine!

2 Day Engage Carbine

This course is designed to build the framework on how to effectively manipulate and apply your Carbine Weapon System. This course starts off with the basic fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and then moves into intermediate defensive marksmanship. This will be a 2 day course, the first day being the classroom portion and the last will be the live fire portion of the class. The course material covers the following:

• Safety
    • Fundamentals Of Rifle Marksmanship/ Factors in Getting on Target
    • Gear Assessment and Considerations
    • Loading and Malfunction
    • Zeroing Procedures
    • Position Considerations and Refinement
    • Accelerated Shooting
    • Multiple Targets and Distance Engagement Techniques

The Shooter is required to bring the following:

• One Serviceable Carbine (.223,5.56, 5.45, 7.62x39, 7.62x51 ONLY)
    • 400 Rounds of Ammunition
    • 4 Magazines
    • 3 Magazine Pouches (Must be attached to the body in any way, shape or form)
    • Seasonal/ Weather Appropriate Clothing
    • Closed Toe Shoes, Hiking and/ or Combat Boots

Total cost of course: $300 Lunch will be included

Payment for the will be done in two parts there will be an up front non refundable deposit of $100 due 24 hours before the course date (call if there are any problems). Of course the rest of the payment is due at the beginning of the course. The payment methods are Credit Card, Cash or check made out to Engage Armament. All of our course's start at 09:00 AM unless otherwise posted.

The course dates are subject to change and I will give ample time to any changes being made. If there are any questions about anything feel free to give me a buzz! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Your Future Firearms Instructor,
    Andrew James Wynne
    Engage Armament Firearms Instructor

General Information and FAQ:
    - WE SHOOT RAIN OR SHINE, SO UNLESS THERE IS A NATURAL DISASTER, WE ARE TRAINING!!!!!The range has a lean to for cover for those who will not operate in the rain.
    - A deposit of half of the course entry fee is now due one week prior to the date of the course or otherwise posted. This portion of the funds is non-refundable and can be used for other courses.
    - If you have any injuries or disabilities, please let me know. This does not bar you from taking my course’s because I will help you as best as I can!
    - We will be holding courses at least twice monthly depending on work load, personal, and business considerations.
    - Dates are subject to change! You will be notified the second something changes
    - You may bring your own firearms, equipment, and ammunition but it will NOT change the course price.
    - Lunch is provided at all courses’ to include Sandwiches, Chips, Soda, Water, Cookies, Fruit, and Coffee.
    - If you do not have any of the required equipment, some maybe provided for a cost depending on availability
    - I REQUIRE YOUR FULL NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION TO SIGN UP. This is for a preliminary background check so that I am sure I am not training a prohibited person or illegal alien.

enya60h

Dec 10, 2011
    Carbine Course

Like To know Whats the Age Limits, Like To Take my Son & Maybe My Daughter They Would Both Enjoy This Course She Can Handel The 50 Cal & Shoots Well With The Ar-15sThanks Mark

Last edited:

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    All I need for sign up is your name, email, and phone number. Mopar92 I do not have your full contact info so you will need to send it again. Enya60h how old are we talking about here?

enya60h

Dec 10, 2011
    Kids Ages Are 19(son) 15 (daughter)Both i Started At 8-10 Years Old. They Both shoot Well & Safely & we Shoot 3+ Times a Month I might just Take Course for Now To See If They Would Like It Later Thanks Mark

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Kids Ages Are 19(son) 15 (daughter)Both i Started At 8-10 Years Old. They Both shoot Well & Safely & we Shoot 3+ Times a Month I might just Take Course for Now To See If They Would Like It Later Thanks Mark

I can teach your son but your daughter is too young but when she turns 16 I will be glad to bring her on.

I may have missed it, but where is the range located?

The range is located on private property but I will tell you it is located in Thurmont, MD.

So I can't run my 300BLK, 6.5, 6.8, 458 Socom, or 50Beo??:innocent0

Just ask before you bring but those calibers I listed are the more popular brands

KimuraFTW

Jul 20, 2012
    Clinton, MD
    Would it be ok for me to take this class as my first training class? I'm a safe shooter, but I'm certainly not great by any stretch of the imagination. Is this course beginner friendly?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Would it be ok for me to take this class as my first training class? I'm a safe shooter, but I'm certainly not great by any stretch of the imagination. Is this course beginner friendly?
    When I took this course, most of the shooters were at about that skill level. So, personally, I think it's a very good course for beginners (or anyone else who likes to work on the fundamentals), assuming the crew runs it like they did before.

airborneRN

Jul 26, 2012
    I would love to take the course in Dec, but I'm scheduled to work. When will you have the next class?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom