Votes: 2 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    I have an old jc higgens 583.20 that needed a hole re-threaded due to my personal screw up :lol:, i went down to glen burnie yesterday and stopped by scotts while down there to have chad run a tap through the hole to straighten out the threads. took only a couple minutes and while he worked on that, i browsed the shop. the shop is small but they do have a nice collection of various firearms and the staff is nice.

all in all, he did a great job and i am happy with their services. :thumbsup:

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    I was in Scott's today with my AR that was not seating mags properly and having some issues with FTF's. My friend also wanted to have the sights on his off-duty weapon looked at. Chad took a look at my rifle and quickly assessed the problem and gave me the lowdown. While he was teaching me something, he also let me know about a quick "upgrade" that would make my rifle operate better. Not only did he tell me about the upgrade (a DPMS hammer rather than my RRA hammer), but he quickly retrieved one from the back room and had it installed in minutes. Both problems solved in 10 minutes, and for a much more than fair price, I must say.

The guys also straightened out the sights on my friends Glock just as quickly and just as politely, again for an excellent price.

For that type of customer service, they have earned two loyal customers. Not to mention that they are only a handful of miles from my house - and the prices on the items for sale were pretty good too. I have been in MD for 2.5 years and have not met too many people (especially in customer service) that were as polite, friendly, and helpful as Chad and Scott. Excellent people operating an excellent establishment. They will definitely see more of me in the future.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Another Smooth Transaction

Thanks to Chad and Larry.

Great customer service as always.

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    Scotts Gunsmithing Experience

I screwed up my brand new Ruger MKIII last night trying to disassemble it. I called Scott's and explained the problem. They were very friendly on the phone. I stopped in today and Chad took care of the problem right away and took the time to explain and show me how NOT to screw it up again. He even fixed a scratch that I had managed to put on it already. While I was there I took note of the prices, which I found to be fair and BS'ed with other staff and customers. I would recommend Scott's to anyone in need of a gunsmith or friendly local shop.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Another satisfying experience

Just got to report back to the class on my latest experience working with Scott's and Chad.

I scored a Hell of a deal on a used Series 80 Colt online a while back and, while it was in really good shape for a well used gun, it needed some TLC if it was going to be used for an everyday carry gun.

Chad installed the Trijicon night sights (with requisite bible verse, BTW ;)), added a new EGW slidestop and firing pin stop, installed a Cylinder and Slide action kit and Wilson beavertail.

Then he really got to work on tuning the gun with a polished feed ramp, throating out the barrel, staking the plunger tube and grip bushings, polishing the top of the barrel and probably about a dozen other things that I'm forgetting.

Not to go all gay for Clandestine or anything, but this guy is a real asset to our community and his commitment to his craft is something to be admired in this era of that particular quality being sorely lacking.

trbon8r and I gave it a shakedown cruise this morning as the snow was rolling in and, even with my numb fingers and hands, the thing was punching one ragged hole.

I'm as tickled as I could be with the final product and Scott's continues to impress me with the level of service and quality of work that I've gotten on numerous occasions there. I've got other projects in store and I know who's doing the work for me.

Thanks Chad.

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    BIG Shout out to Scott's

Stopped by Scott's today to meet up with Chad and give him my AR for the Upper Receiver package and some reliability work. I had some very specific requests and goals for my gun and Chad took the time to really find a package that would fit my needs. He also took the time to explain the work he would be doing and how it benefits the AR.

As always a pleasant experience and Chad is every bit as helpful in person as he has been on this forum.

Bryan Fletcher

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I'm considering this as well. Hopefully this isn't too simple-minded of a question, but would this upgrade package be more or less useful on a brand new upper as compared to a used one?

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    I'm considering this as well. Hopefully this isn't too simple-minded of a question, but would this upgrade package be more or less useful on a brand new upper as compared to a used one?

I'll certainly let Chad answer that much better than I could. But my take on it from what Chad showed me was just starting to happen on some of the components on my gun and what can eventually end up happening if left unchecked, is that this work would benefit an AR of almost any amount of use. Much of the work is polishing and rounding off sharp edges which would prevent a new upper from ever encountering the issues and on an older upper would keep them from happening again. The point was really driven home to me when Chad showed me a buffer that was scarred up really bad and how mine was just starting to show evidence of that type of wear.

The quality of work looked so much better in person than pictures on here can really show.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    My wife and daughter and I stopped in one day (Chad was not there) and we were shocked at how down to earth everyone was. Though I made it clear I was not purchasing anything, the guys let me look at anything, and even let my daughter look at what she was interested in.

I had said in a previous thread that sometimes I did not get a good vibe from some places when I was just browsing. This time around, it was the polar opposite. From the experience I had, I would definitely buy a gun from Scott's.

UPDATE: Chad fixed my shotgun with a rubber mallet!

Seriously, folks....he answered my questions about a stuck bolt on my shotgun and performed a simple fix. Additionally, he explained what had happened in detail so I had an understanding of what I had done.

Chad, it was nice meeting you today! We had a great time. My daughter loved the Python.

Thanks for letting me handle the Peacemaker. That was a real treat. It's not everyday that I get to hold a true classic!

Thanks, too, for giving Bridget the seal of approval. I'll let you know how she shoots very soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Positive experience!

I just picked up my new Saiga 12 that I bought there and clandestine converted for me during the 7 day wait. He answered all my questions quickly (and I had alot of questions). I'm glad I made the decision to buy from them!

Here's a pic.

IMG_2212.jpg

Thanks!

phenamunan

Jan 29, 2009
    Brooklyn Park, MD
    Excellent Work

I dropped off my HK 91 for a trigger job and Tac-Latch a month ago and got it back a week ago just in time for the Frostbite Shoot. Chad did excellent work, and great follow up after the job was done, making sure everything worked just like I wanted.

You guys have a repeat customer and my word-of-mouth advertising.

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    I wanted to say thanks again to Chad for the very quick turn around on my barrel threading job. Another satisfied customer here! I will be recommending Scott's Gunsmithing to anyone looking for gunsmithing services in the future.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Chad did excellent work with my AK. It went from pretty much a truck gun to a true Romanian "G" AK. I love his work and would recommend it again. He is also working on my BWK-92 and SVT-40, cannot wait for them to be done. Here are my pics of it below.

Attachments

• 0124001407.jpg
      0124001407.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 659
    • 0124001407a.jpg
      0124001407a.jpg
      42.3 KB · Views: 663
    • 0124001408.jpg
      0124001408.jpg
      39.7 KB · Views: 665
    • 0124001409.jpg
      0124001409.jpg
      44.3 KB · Views: 659
    • 0124001410.jpg
      0124001410.jpg
      44.5 KB · Views: 660

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Chad rules!

Once again he's help me with shotgun issues...(make that operator issues that I thought was the shotgun).

THANKS CHAD!

Shot it today and I'm upset I like it, (Charles Daly), more than my Remy 1100.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    I love my revolver again - Thanks Chad!

Chad finished work on my 1950s S&W Model 14 no dash revolver on Friday. New firing pin, bushing, Ahrends Grips, and trigger work. The trigger job is awesome. :thumbsup: I'll post more after I take it out to the range.

UPDATE: I took my 1950s S&W Model 14 no dash revolver that Chad worked on to the AGC pistol range today, and put about 100 rounds through it. :D No more light primer hits :D The trigger job is excellent. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I love the grips to; they make a big difference with my ability to shoot it well in double action.

Anyway my friend, I will be visiting you again soon. I have another gun, a 1951 Colt Commercial 1911, that needs a trigger job.

Thank you for the outstanding service!

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    opps I thought I contributed to this already.... Chad worked on my glock and an AR I was having problems with and had a lightning fast turn around time for both. Good group of guys up there who know their stuff

SgtKope

Nov 7, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    Savage 10FCP brake install

I got the rifle back about two weeks ago. Outstanding job. I did have to wait about two months however it was well worth it. I talked to Scott the day I dropped it off for about an hour. He is a real stand up guy who works on every gun as if it were his own. I didn't get a chance to meet Chad but I am sure I will have more business there in the future.

Please pass along my thanks.

Matt

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Im going to thread my 700P the same way for my YHM .308 Suppressor. It will probably take me 6 months to finish it since the customers jobs take precedent.

That tells you everything you need to know about the guys at Scott's. Real stand up guys, who put the customer's needs over their own. Don't find that much these days.

MH

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    Another PHENOMINAL Experience!!

Got to give another shout out to Scott's for the trigger job they just did on my Springfield 1911 TRP. They took what I thought was a really great pistol and took it to a whole other level. The trigger breaks crisp and clean with no overtravel and comes in at 3 1/2 lbs which is right where I asked them to put it. Feed ramp was polished and I now use it to comb my hair and brush my teeth since it looks like a mirror :D

Looks like the Smith and Wesson 629 44 mag is next!!

Thanks guys,

Bryan Fletcher

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom