• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    just saw this

i too bought the g34 for ida and uspsa matches also.

no issues with it yet.
    :)

mkey.. post 18..

your oal doesnt seems right.. typo?

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    The G34 is currently at 10,690 with no issues. The new Zev springs are working great and I have not done any further maintenance since I installed them back in June.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    I just started shooting IDPA recently with my G19. The G34 is top of the list right now for my next purchase. Thanks for all the great info. It just makes me want one more.

Now I just have to get my stupid HQL.

...and convince the wife that I "need" another gun. ;)

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I just started shooting IDPA recently with my G19. The G34 is top of the list right now for my next purchase. Thanks for all the great info. It just makes me want one more.

Now I just have to get my stupid HQL.

...and convince the wife that I "need" another gun. ;)

If you ever want to meet up at the NRA Range, you're more than welcome to shoot my Gen 4 Glock 34.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    If you ever want to meet up at the NRA Range, you're more than welcome to shoot my Gen 4 Glock 34.

Where is the NRA Range?

Thanks for the offer. I think I'll take you up on that...depending on where the range is.

EDIT: I just looked it up. I'd definitely like to meet you there sometime.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    I'm sure I won't.

What would be ideal is if I could find somebody who wants to trade for my 21SF. That thing just sits in the safe.

Glock 21SF is a great CDP gun if you want to use it in IDPA.

A couple years ago I gave up my custom STI 1911 for an M&P 45 to shoot CDP and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I'm sure the G21 would serve you just as well.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    Glock 21SF is a great CDP gun if you want to use it in IDPA.

A couple years ago I gave up my custom STI 1911 for an M&P 45 to shoot CDP and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I'm sure the G21 would serve you just as well.

I don't like shooting it though. I don't like the way it recoils and it gives me Glock knuckle something fierce. I was going to try smoothing out the trigger guard with a Dremmel to see if that helped me like shooting it more, but then I started thinking about selling or trading it. Don't want to take a Dremmel to something I'm looking to unload.

I'm a 9mm guy through and through.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I've recently gotten into IDPA and wonder if the changes from the G34 Gen 3 to 4 are substantial enough in practice to go ahead and buy the 4. I know if I add an oversize extended mag release and/or a ducktail backstrap, like the Grip Force Adapter, to the gen 3, it puts you into the ESP category, not that there's anything wrong with that necesarily since I'm just started out and am not yet overly concerned about tenths of seconds and the lower times needed to move up in ESP vs SSP. On te other hand, I'd like to be able to reaach the mag release without changing my strong hand grip as I change mags. I also like the feel of the ducktail and believe that it helps not just elminate slide bite, but more importantly helps minimize muzzle flip.

Thoughts on the gen 3 v 4 or any of the differences? Again I'm new to the game, and am all ears! Thanks!

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Thoughts on the gen 3 v 4 or any of the differences? Again I'm new to the game, and am all ears! Thanks!

There's a wealth of information on the actual differences between the two generations, but for me, the Gen 4 just feels better in the hand. And while many have had problems with the Gen 4's, the four Gen 4's I have had zero issues.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    For me I can't shoot the Gen 3s because I ride the grip so high I start bleeding all over the place. With the Gen 4 I use the 2nd largest backstrap and it is almost as comfortable as shooting an M&P. Other than the back straps and the different mag release I don't see any difference. Folks on the Enos forum claim the Gen4 is more accurate but I think you would have to be very talented to notice the difference. I hate the Glock recoil system in both generations and would encourage you to go with a standard steel guide rod especially if you reload.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'm not looking to replace the trigger spring on my Gen3 34, but do the other replaced springs make that much a difference? This gun serves double duty (IDPA/HD).

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    A lighter striker spring will reduce the trigger pull slightly. The down side is the lighter the striker spring the more likely you are to have light primer strikes, especially if you shoot ammo with hard primers such as TULA or Wolf. This is why I also run an extended striker to help ensure primer ignition. The trigger connector and the trigger return spring make the most difference in the trigger pull.

My current Trigger setup is around 3.5-4lbs and I would have no issues using the gun for HD.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I'm not looking to replace the trigger spring on my Gen3 34, but do the other replaced springs make that much a difference? This gun serves double duty (IDPA/HD).

I've experimented with reduced power striker springs, and have had some light strikes with brass cased GECO and assorted steel cased ammunition. As a result, I've gone back to the factory weight spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom