.22LR, where is it AND WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rauler

May 2, 2012
    I would rather do without then pay 2 times the normal price just to shoot .22.

I'll just shoot 40 45 223 556 or whatever because I can get it for a Decent price and there seems to be pleanty of it in store stock now.
    For the price of 22 now days you can shoot just about any other cal for the same price or less!

Simply put, if people continue to pay those prices, it's always going to be that price! I don't get it. :sad20:

Completely agree with you, I refuse to pay twice the price. I'm shopping around for a different caliber gun for that reason, so that I can keep shooting for the same price, as you said, or just a tad bit more. But so many choices, can't make my mind up.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Fox's Firearms in Columbia had it in when I was there yesterday, and he said he was getting more in - 525 rounds for $40 & $50.

Freestate often has 525 bricks on the weekend for $30. Admittedly they don't last long.

Last edited:

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Walmart gets it deliverd three or four times a week. The horders are out making the rounds every morning buying all they can get their greedy hands on. Even some of the walmart workers are in on the shortage keeping their friend informed when the new shipment arrives. I witnessed it at the Aberdeen and Elkton Walmarts.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Walmart gets it deliverd three or four times a week. The horders are out making the rounds every morning buying all they can get their greedy hands on. Even some of the walmart workers are in on the shortage keeping their friend informed when the new shipment arrives. I witnessed it at the Aberdeen and Elkton Walmarts.

Which ones? Everything I've heard from Walmart employees at 3 different locations is that they get it once a week AT MOST and usually once a month...

ptman2000

Aug 19, 2013
    Riva, MD
    Guy at the Quarterfeld WM today said that they got some .22lr in recently but it went fast. He also said that they are getting most other calibers in regularly but .22lr is still hard to find.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Guy at the Quarterfeld WM today said that they got some .22lr in recently but it went fast. He also said that they are getting most other calibers in regularly but .22lr is still hard to find.

I didnt see anything there i needed unfortunatly. Been looking for .22 and .17Hmr

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    I recently saw plenty of 22lr... tens of thousands of rounds and in all manufacturers.

of course I was in my basement at the time!!!! LOL................

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    On my travels into PA (America), a really nice shop in Northumberland had many boxes of Remington Thunderbolt 525 pack for $36. I passed like a dum-dum and tried to get some on my return trip, but they're closed on mondays :(

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hopefully a reach around was involved on delivery, for ~$60 a bulk pack.
    Wife and I picked up about 1700 rounds today for $80 in Virginia.
    They probably had 5 or 6 cases left when we left.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=144659

Very good price. I had 1600 rounds (different CCI Mini Mags) for $132 delivered today, which is 8.25 cents per round. Given that I donated more than this amount 22LR (incl CCI) to youth shooting programs in 2013, I was happy to get partially replenished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom