Attachments

• WOA Upper.jpg
      WOA Upper.jpg
      97.9 KB · Views: 568

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'm sure it will shoot great!!!! Hurry up and do some load testing and come up on 10/19 to New Holland.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Very nice. I just picked up a 14.7" WOA Match threaded barrel from Engage. 1:7 I hope I got what I really wanted, but may have to shoot it first.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I need to take my Colt HBAR Sporter Match lower to Duffy's to see if they can mill the sear block out enough to get the Geissele Hi Speed National Match Service Rifle trigger in.

If not, I will probably just build another lower for this upper. And keep the Colt intact with the stock trigger.

Problem is, I bought the trigger in the Large Pin version. So either I have to try to sell it and get a small pin, or open up the holes in the new lower for the large pins. And I hate to do that.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I need to take my Colt HBAR Sporter Match lower to Duffy's to see if they can mill the sear block out enough to get the Geissele Hi Speed National Match Service Rifle trigger in.

If not, I will probably just build another lower for this upper. And keep the Colt intact with the stock trigger.

Problem is, I bought the trigger in the Large Pin version. So either I have to try to sell it and get a small pin, or open up the holes in the new lower for the large pins. And I hate to do that.

I don't know the difference in sizes of the pins?
    Could you get it sleeved? IE: Press in a small piece of thin walled tubing to allow the Small Pins in the Big hole?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    That might be possible, but the hole sizes are pretty close.

0.154" versus 0.169" So the sleeve would be 0.0075" thick. Probably would need to drill out even larger then sleeve.

The problem is, I can't get the Giessele in the lower because of the sear block. And if I build a new lower, I either have to get another trigger, or drill out the holes in the new lower. Which I don't want to do, but really makes no difference, as this is the only trigger I would ever put in the rifle.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Giessele has a guide on their website, so if you don't want to modify your receiver there's a few other triggers that fit. I've seen people take a dremel tool to that sear block and hack it out, however since it looks like your building a HBAR anyways maybe you just want to pick up a new receiver.

http://geissele.com/colt-rifle-users-guide/

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Never heard of these before but some research shows them to be a very nice upper. Congrats. And good prices. I'd like to get a Wylde chambered upper at some point myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom