• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I've got a couple thou of the Yugo surplus brass-cased stuff, plus probably 750 or so Wolf.

I have .310 projectiles, brass, and dies to reload as well....just no real desire at this point. :P
    you should try it. I loaded up 100 with the stuff I had and was very pleased. I loaded a hornady 123gr bullet over 24.0gr of win 680 and it shot great in my ak. set the sight to 200 and rang steal at 200 yards, set it to 300 and rang steal at 300 yards.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    yeah but do you have a decapper that'll work with 'em? ;)

i'd rather just stick with boxer brass, than have to buy another $60 tool and special primers that only work with one caliber. ;)
    don't try to reload the yugo stuff, you will break a decapping pin... ask how I know.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    you people do realize there are guns other than AK/SKS/AR15 chambered in 7.62x39, yes?

not every gun chambered in that round can do steel-cased plinkster ammo. ;)
    To be fair, the ones that can't handle the steel-cased stuff tend to vanish off the market quick. The first-gen Sig 556R and the PTR-32 GenI come to mind.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Yep. A friend of mine had a bolt action x39. Too many years have passed for me to remember who made it. Said it did a number on ground hogs. :D

TripleEight

Apr 2, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Since I mostly shoot at an indoor range, I've actually been buying Tula 7.62x39 from Walmart, then I pull the bullets and reload with .308 125gr Hornady SST bullets. I costs me just about the same or slightly less than buying brass cased ammo. It's time consuming, but it is more accurate for me b/c my AR barrel measures .308 rather than .310 (most Russian ammo/AK's).

I basically do the same thing this guy does, but I use a collet style puller.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Since I mostly shoot at an indoor range, I've actually been buying Tula 7.62x39 from Walmart, then I pull the bullets and reload with .308 125gr Hornady SST bullets. I costs me just about the same or slightly less than buying brass cased ammo. It's time consuming, but it is more accurate for me b/c my AR barrel measures .308 rather than .310 (most Russian ammo/AK's).

I basically do the same thing this guy does, but I use a collet style puller.

If you're really going through that much reloading/rebuilding effort to eke better accuracy from steel case Tula 7.63x39, more power to you. Personally I'd be building brass cased ammo on my bench tailored to my firearm instead. To each, his own.

You don't say what type of firearm you're shooting this in. Hopefully your ammo is hitting your targets dead center 9/10 of your shots.

BTW, There's an easier way to pull bullets from Tula ammo => Shoot it.

:innocent0

Feb 28, 2013
    If you're really going through that much reloading/rebuilding effort to eke better accuracy from steel case Tula 7.63x39, more power to you. Personally I'd be building brass cased ammo on my bench tailored to my firearm instead. To each, his own.

Since he mentioned Tula it leads me to believe he's pulling the bullets from the cases and reattaching different ones so his indoor range will allow them. Tula 7.62x39 attracts a magnet.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Since he mentioned Tula it leads me to believe he's pulling the bullets from the cases and reattaching different ones so his indoor range will allow them. Tula 7.62x39 attracts a magnet.

Maybe, but he also mentions accuracy. Either way there are better and less expensive ways to load 7.62x39 rounds that are more accurate than Tula and won't attract magnets IMHO...
    ;)

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    There was a dealer at the Chantilly show that had a limited quantity (about 7-8 cases) of 7.62x39 (brass cased). Sold in 200 round sealed battle packs, 5 per case, for $400 a case. Not a bad deal IMO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom