• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    Never looked. I only look at law that affects me. I was around when they discovered fire. However, I will check and in 21 days give me a shout VIA EMAIL and I will hook you up.

Do I have to make multiple purchases before applying. I have a perfectly clean record. I just have heard people getting denied.

Nope, just get the one page affadavit notarized and send it to MSP.

Done

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    As with all things, I am sure that being a designated collector has its pluses and minuses. Can anyone provide a short list of each? My concern is that I like to fly under radar. If you become a MDC do you have to declare all that you own, will own, or would like to own? Just wondering if it would benefit me.

Vic

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    It removes the need to wait 30 days between regulated purchases such as a pistol or scary black rifle. You still need to wait to pick it up but you no longer have to wait to buy one if something catches your eye. As for what you have you have that's nobody's business but yours.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    It did happen to one person on the forum, according to what he posted.

I think the guy was told "sorry, our mistake" by MSP in the end.

Sounds about right. I didn't research it, but IIRC the paperwork and/reqirement to be a DC was:

Have a Notary
    Be able to Sign your name
    Be legally able to purchase a firearm

Someone added the 21 year age thing, which I wish was a concern for me :sad20:

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I believe the 21 years of age comes into play when buying some types of regulated fire arms such as pistols or certain black guns such as an ak 47 or other tactical style firearm i think the mossberg cruiser also falls under this catagory as it is shorter and has no stock. Though that's just what i have heard.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    this is the ATF requirements on reporting multiple pistol and revolver sales, and i believe what people are referring to in regards to the feds being notified by FFLs of multiple purchases.

478.126a Reporting multiple sales or other disposition of pistols and revolvers.

Each licensee shall prepare a report of multiple sales or other disposition when- ever the licensee sells or otherwise dis- poses of, at one time or during any five consecutive business days, two or more pistols, or revolvers, or any combination of pistols and revolvers totaling two or more, to an unlicensed person:

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    I believe the 21 years of age comes into play when buying some types of regulated fire arms such as pistols or certain black guns such as an ak 47 or other tactical style firearm i think the mossberg cruiser also falls under this catagory as it is shorter and has no stock. Though that's just what i have heard.

Sounds about right

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Most banks do it for free for their customers.

I had mine notarized at Wachovia for free. I dont know of any banks that charge their customers for notaries.

Sent in my form about 1.5 months ago. Called today and it had already gone through. They should be sending the letter any day now.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    All true.
    Form is free from MSP
    Banks, etc Notarize for customers free

Worst case it costs you $2-$5 if a Notary charges.

I figured if I had the forms and can Notarize, people would have a one stop shop of sorts.

Carry On

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom