• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Having read most of this thread, and the "More on Woollard Case" links, it seems like no permits will be issued until 'the Woollard lawsuit (has) reach(ed) its final conclusion' and the battle (lawsuit) is settled, correct?

Any estimate to when that will be? Weeks, months years?

The lawsuit was won, yes? So what are the steps from here before CCW permits made available to law-abiding-citizens is made law?

Apologies if it has been discussed before, I'm new around here and not able to read hundreds of pages of threads quickly enough!

If there are links to answer such FAQ's around, pardon my ignorance and maybe PM them to me?

Thank you.

More like weeks to understand where this frst round is going. After that is only guessing.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I just had my in person interview this morning. I will be posting about that later in the interview thread. I was corrected today about questions 10 and 10A on page 7. Here you ARE to put your CURRENT EMPLOYER even if you are filing for personal protection and the permit is not job related.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I just had my in person interview this morning. I will be posting about that later in the interview thread. I was corrected today about questions 10 and 10A on page 7. Here you ARE to put your CURRENT EMPLOYER even if you are filing for personal protection and the permit is not job related.

Make sure you alert MSI to this, as their mock app has n/a for the current employment spaces. I had filled these out, but was worried when MSI had put n/a.

Thanks for the update.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore

Do you have to redo the form?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

When was your application received by MSP?

Nbruno

Laker101
    Feb 13, 2012
    Lutherville, md

How many other states require an interview for a CCW permit? We have to be interviewed and "pass a quiz" to exercise our 2A right? Which means I will have to take a day off from work to be "quizzed" to see if I am allowed to exercise my constitutional right. I cannot believe I moved here from Pa, and I cannot believe Marylanders put up with this.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    How many other states require an interview for a CCW permit? We have to be interviewed and "pass a quiz" to exercise our 2A right? Which means I will have to take a day off from work to be "quizzed" to see if I am allowed to exercise my constitutional right. I cannot believe I moved here from Pa, and I cannot believe Marylanders put up with this.

Most Marylanders don't even realize the problem exists. Many who do know about it believe it should be even harder. Many who believe in the right to bear arms can't be bothered to do anything about it. This is an uphill battle against a lot of entrenched law and politicians, but we're making progress. Are you getting MSI updates? We need every patriot we can get a hold of.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Make sure you alert MSI to this, as their mock app has n/a for the current employment spaces. I had filled these out, but was worried when MSI had put n/a.

Thanks for the update.

I will get on that

Do you have to redo the form?

NO he just filled it in on another paper. He started to ask my employer info and I told him it was on the app. He then stated that it says N/A. I had it on an extra page with other employers. Told me I was informed wrong on that part.

When was your application received by MSP?

it was received on the 15th I have that in other treads.

my post is up in the interview thread. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=78495&page=43

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    OK my check was cashed really quick. I didn't check until today but it looks like it was cashed on the 23rd. The number at the bottom of my check looks lik 87956.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether or not this rulling will affect green card holders who are not citizens?

Question #8 on page 7 is clearly designed for green card holders, but the ruling is so new and obviously is specific to citizens. My guess is that I would probably still be subject to the "good and substantial" requirement. Anyone else have thoughts?

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether or not this ruling will affect green card holders who are not citizens?

Question #8 on page 7 is clearly designed for green card holders, but the ruling is so new and obviously is specific to citizens. My guess is that I would probably still be subject to the "good and substantial" requirement. Anyone else have thoughts?

The ruling is that G&S is unconstatutional.... therefor no-one could(should) be denied for it.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    The ruling is that G&S is unconstatutional.... therefor no-one could(should) be denied for it.

I thought the ruling specifically said "no citizen" and not "no one".

Taken from MSI's FAQ:

"A citizen may not be required to offer a "good and substantial reason" why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs."

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.

Taken from MSI's FAQ:

"A citizen may not be required to offer a "good and substantial reason" why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs."

OK I have to say that you have gone beyond me there. I would guess that it would take a lawyer to answer that correctly or wait and see if its on the application when its all done and over with.

I just did a very little goggling on this. I may be incorrect here by all means. If you are not a citizen of the USA I don't believe that you can even legally purchase a gun here. The ONLY reason I could see you getting this permit is if your job requires it and I would think it would still be tough.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    OK I have to say that you have gone beyond me there. I would guess that it would take a lawyer to answer that correctly or wait and see if its on the application when its all done and over with.

I just did a very little goggling on this. I may be incorrect here by all means. If you are not a citizen of the USA I don't believe that you can even legally purchase a gun here. The ONLY reason I could see you getting this permit is if your job requires it and I would think it would still be tough.

I can definitely say that it is fully legal for me to own guns since I already own a number of them and I did so legally.

I also have a CCW permit for Utah so I know that I can legally do that too :-)

The requirements are a little more stringent for me to do so, but I have little choice but to meet them if I want to own guns.

If no one trully knows what affect the rulling will have on non-citizens then I am happy to be the guinea pig, but I would also rather not throw away $125 if someone knows for sure.

I have made an appointment with a lawyer friend (who is also a gun owner) to discuss this with him and also to let him know that he should make his own application. :-)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

Taken from MSI's FAQ:

apply for citizenship! ;)

how long you have your green card?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I can definitely say that it is fully legal for me to own guns since I already own a number of them and I did so legally.

I also have a CCW permit for Utah so I know that I can legally do that too :-)

The requirements are a little more stringent for me to do so, but I have little choice but to meet them if I want to own guns.

If no one trully knows what affect the rulling will have on non-citizens then I am happy to be the guinea pig, but I would also rather not throw away $125 if someone knows for sure.

I have made an appointment with a lawyer friend (who is also a gun owner) to discuss this with him and also to let him know that he should make his own application. :-)

i think they are more concern if you are legally in the country or not.. hence on application.. they request for a copy of your green card.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    apply for citizenship! ;)

how long you have your green card?

My wife and I have talked about it, but I would have to reliquensh one of my other passports to do so and I would never be able to get that passport back.

I have had my green card for 5 years or so.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    i think they are more concern if you are legally in the country or not.. hence on application.. they request for a copy of your green card.

I know that Utah is, but not so sure about MD. They have been in the business of denying CCW applications for so long, that I believe they will try to find any loophole they can to deny applications.

Meeting with the lawyer today to get his take and may submit my application soon thereafter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom