• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I want to join SLCFSA. I missed the membership meetings this year, and membership is now closed :(
    Weather was just too crazy with all the snow to make the trip to Quarryville.
    Do you need a sponsor to join this one? Thx.

What Pinecone said. But if you are active Military or Law Enforcement they won't make you wait until the new year, contact the club president or membership chairman for details.

Pinecone I am glad you are getting better and hope to see you at the range sometime.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hopefully before the end of the summer.

I have to play with my two new (to me) Garands. :)

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    So huge :thumbsup: on AGC.

Get your membership AFTER July 1st, and it is HALF OFF for this year! That is how I did it.

Join a club NOW. Get your walk through. You go to the range for this. If someone offers you a video, WALK AWAY join another club!

ONLY DOWNSIDE is that in the winter, it gets cold, and muddy. Boots, gloves, hats, hand warmers, body warmers, are required.

Read the rules, ask about the rules, follow the rules. They are there for your safety and the safety of others.

Everyone goofs up now and again, (on small stuff), you need to refresh yourself every 6 months to remember procedure and rules. The RSOs can be picky, but then again, no one DIES.

If you have kids, it is very kid friendly as long as they are FOLLOWING THE RULES. I have taken both of my kids, and they love it. Be sure to go over the rules with them several times before, during and after. Ask me why I know :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:
    Well said!

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I shoot at Ft Meade with the Meade Rod and Gun Club. As far as I know it's the only 600 yard rifle range in Md and it's five minutes from my house. Only once a month but that's all I can get away for anyway.

HazyDayz

Jul 17, 2014
    Washington County
    I joined Adams County Sport Handgun Assoc. They are near Gettysburg. Lifetime was 245. They have pistol, rifle, shotgun and are NFA friendly. They even have a fun-house for tactical work. You need to be sponsored by a member to join but it's a great club. You can basically shoot whenever you like. I have been the only person there many times
    Would you be willing to sponsor s new guy or two in the next couple of years?

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    I shoot at Ft Meade with the Meade Rod and Gun Club. As far as I know it's the only 600 yard rifle range in Md and it's five minutes from my house. Only once a month but that's all I can get away for anyway.

I've been debating joining up with Meade, but I read that entry/departure on range day must be as a group, due to NSA regs. Is that still the case?

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Joining a club, any club does a couple things for you that you won't get shooting on private property, or going to a 'public' range (like OnTarget).

First, with your membership you are automatically part of a fraternity, where you will be expected to conduct yourself according to their established traditions. This is much like the customs and courtesies found in the military and some large police departments. Being part of something bigger than oneself is a very rewarding and builds character. It's called a club for a reason.

Secondly, the time and money you spend supporting that club translates to maintaining shooting sports, exercising your Second Amendment rights, and ultimately protecting our way of life.

There are many other reasons, put I'll point out one more that might not so readily come to mind - value. The clubs I belong to, and frequently shoot with often have bulletin boards where people post guns for sale, ammo, accessories. I also get valuable tips, advice and information from my shooting buddies; stuff you won't read about in this forum, or anyplace else for that matter. Many clubs have special shooting events that cost little or nothing; and there's a good chance you would never know about it if you weren't a member.

My advice: join a club or two. Most clubs in Maryland will qualify you for an AGC badge. Attend some meetings, attend some of the special shooting events and always, always, always be on your best behavior. :)

There are a lot of reasons to own firearms; such as, target shooting, hunting, competition, recreation, collecting, and protecting your family. Be safe.

freedom0818.jpg
    [/QUO

My experience is that members of clubs will also heop with raising your skill level if you want it and also take you to other experiences like going from pistol to trap that you might not have the opportunity to do on private land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom