• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    To anyone intersed you can check out Vinnell Arabia. They have various positions from Trainers to Maintenance openings. Housing/Transportation and Uniforms provided, Tax exempt status.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Sorry about the Pork Free Zone, I know its only 9 hours a day were I am at, was a 116 degrees yesterday before noon, more cainings than stonings... There is Bahrain the Tijauna of the Middle East...

Northrop Grumman website... Trying to get the Vinnell website.

Last edited:

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Sorry about the Pork Free Zone, I know its only 9 hours a day were I am at, was a 116 degrees yesterday before noon, more cainings than stonings... There is Bahrain the Tijauna of the Middle East...

Wait...are we talking the current Tijuana where gringos get beheaded or the early 90's awesome Tijuana where alcohol and hookers were plentiful and cheap?

:D

In my line of work, there's a spot for an 18 month tour in Bahrain. I've considered throwing my name in the hat for it but I don't know anything about Bahrain.

babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    on a serious note, a lot of money can be made overseas in a year if you can handle being over there / your family can handle being over there. Its not unusual to make 150 to 260ish.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    on a serious note, a lot of money can be made overseas in a year if you can handle being over there / your family can handle being over there. Its not unusual to make 150 to 260ish.

That is not quite as true about those amounts. Though is depends what your talent is?

There is a Tax Break, but you must meet the quailifications in the time and amounts.

As far as Bahrain, its not as extreme as you mentioned, you can get beer and booze, and its the land of LBFMs. Just don't get arrested or get caught smuggling stuff into Saudi Arabia. There are guys been here for 20 years and know all the tricks.

survivorRob

Apr 1, 2009
    Anyone know where you can get some first hand accounts from whoever has done this? I have been recruited before to go over there due to my military qualifications and I chose not to, but I would be more open to it now. I would have to talk to a few people first before I even considered it though.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

I worked in Tabuk, 1996-1998 for Mansuer General Dynamics on wheels mostly. My days where 5- 6 hours, afternoons off due to heat. Worked for the Saudi Military and was delighted except for the heat in summer. Drank 2 gallons of water every morning till I got back to complex where Americans stayed. Had a pool and small px. I'd say a good duty but away from home for 2 years. Money was good and got 3 round trips 3 week vacations in 2 years.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Anyone know where you can get some first hand accounts from whoever has done this? I have been recruited before to go over there due to my military qualifications and I chose not to, but I would be more open to it now. I would have to talk to a few people first before I even considered it though.

Are you looking at Saudi specifically or any where in the middle east? I've been working in Afghanistan for the past 2 years.

PM me if you like.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Are you looking at Saudi specifically or any where in the middle east? I've been working in Afghanistan for the past 2 years.

PM me if you like.

I am Not necessarily, but I am in Saudi Arabia and can maybe help those in need of a job. The other companies here, Vinnell Arabia and General Dynamics and always looking for people. There are other companies even the one you are currently employed with might have openings??? BAE, Mantech and even GS with OPM etc...

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    While I was still in the military I worked will several Vinnell guys. They were very so so on how they liked working for them. On another note watch the movie the "Kingdom" its based on the attack on the Vinnell compound. Lots of folks killed and wounded. You can google the info. One of the men I worked with told me about hiding in his room and listening to his roommate being shot several times. Seems he was hurt when the window blew in on him and he could not move. Sitting duck. They now have big metal rods on the inside on the windows so they cant fall in on you while your being bombed. Its hot dirty and sucks there. Moneys not everything. I felt safer in Iraq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom