• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    my company recently closed its doors after 90+ years of service. im looking for a delivery job driving a box truck other then UPS and FedEx.

- clean MD license class C
    - valid DOT medical card
    - TWIC
    - able to pass physical
    - able to pass drug screen
    - experience with 26' straight truck (box or flat bed)
    - experience with box auto and manual transmissions
    - experience with pallet jack and lift gate
    - experience with forklift (but not certified)
    - familiar with MD,VA, Wva, DE, PA, NC areas.
    - looking for a company with good pay and nice, safe equipment.
    - resume available upon request.

thanks for looking,
    Aaron Schwartz

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Get your HAZMAT CDL and you won't have a problem finding a job. In fact my company will be hiring one soon.

SPQM

May 21, 2014
    Get your HAZMAT CDL and you won't have a problem finding a job. In fact my company will be hiring one soon.

Actually, CDL-A is needed; CDL-Bs aren't in much demand; even with all the endorsements. :(

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    I see just as many Class B job openings as I do class A. I just don't have the money to get mine at the moment. I started putting money aside, but the company folded so quick I needed that money to keep a roof over me.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I see just as many Class B job openings as I do class A. I just don't have the money to get mine at the moment. I started putting money aside, but the company folded so quick I needed that money to keep a roof over me.

If you would be interested in a job as a dock worker, the company that I drive for might be interested in you. They have an advancement program. They would train you to get your class B license. After that, you could advance to class A.

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    there isn't much out there that that doesn't require at least a B license anymore. i'm in the process of saving for my classes now. ive driven 26ft trucks most of my driving years (about 16 years).

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Easiest way to get a CDL B is to enroll in a county school bus training program, that's what I did, they might make you agree to be available as a sub for bus driving for a certain length of time, but some have no obligation at all. Make sure whoever you train with has air brakes, otherwise you have to go back to DMV to get that restriction lifted, which is a pain in the rear. However, there is so much demand for bus drivers that I have not thought about trucks yet.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    My company is changing it's policy and looking to hire ex military guys that drove big rigs while in. There will be a training period and then your in. We are also going to train warehouse guys on driving big rigs if thats what they want to due.

Drivers are really hard to come by now a days and are in high demand. Would not be a bad choice for a youngster that dont like the college route.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD

Just last month I got my Class B CDL with air brakes. Total cost invested: about $550. I got it so I could drive my M923A2 around town w/o worry.

If that is what you're after just download the PDF manuals from the Maryland MVA website, read them, watch a few quality YoutTube videos on pre-trip, and then rent a truck and go for it. I rented a truck twice. Once to get familiar with it and practice the pre-trip to death. Once to actually go take my test with.

The first time I went for the full exam (pre-trip, lot skills, and practical) I passed. Many others were there including those with truck driving schools. I was told later in the day I was the only one who passed. With your prior experience the class B will be a cake walk.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Drivers are really hard to come by now a days and are in high demand. Would not be a bad choice for a youngster that dont like the college route.[/QUOTE]

This is really true the younger generation is for the most part disinterested in driving larger vehicles. I teach high school full time, have a daily bus route and drive games for my school, and I work for a outfitter driving people during the summer months. You want a challenge try hooking a 16 canoe trailer behind a full size school bus and backing that rig down a boat ramp and taking it down roads that were never intended to handle commercial vehicles.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Most of the companies I work for are now requiring all their drivers to have a class A, they figure that way they can put anybody in anybody's truck if they are off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom