• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RosadoSM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 27, 2005
    King George, VA
    I have a friend that graduated with the last PG county class (class 021) I believe. He is 45.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    As an Aquarius, I feel that I have some helpful insight.
    The background investigation can be intimidating. I had a little too much fun when I was younger but as long as you are up front and honest about it (and consistent). You need to demonstrate that you have integrity. My advice for getting in shape is to run. Run, stretch, run, do pushups, run, situps, run, and maybe even a little running. You'll run every day in the academy. Rain, hot, cold, or anything in between you will be running. Talk to your doctor too. Most departments require a note from your MD/DO indicating that you are healthy enough to perform the tasks associated with the fitness test. You will also need to go for a physical prior to getting accepted into the academy. Your doctor will tell you any specific weight loss goals. Other than that, just get your cardiovascular shape up. Make darn sure you can pass the individual department's physical fitness test. They are all different so make sure you can pass each one.

Good luck. Not everyone has what it takes.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anyone who wants to get in this field and are young please get a business degree, criminal justice is the most worthless degree.

Mine is in criminal justice and if anything happens I have nothing to fall back on luckily at this point I have the experience to fall back on.

99% of what you learned in your criminal justice will need to be re taught as most things are area specific and the court cases will be taught in the academy.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Go with the Baltimore PD...they get the coolest cars. :innocent0

1975ford-maverick.jpg

1980amc_concord.jpg

1975olds-omega.jpg

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Okay, I'm good with the Maverick - they never looked like much, but they did have the 302 ford V-8. However the little front drive olds with the 2.5 pontiac engine is pretty laughable for a patrol car.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Fairfax County had them too, but unmarked, and I believe they were commander's units.

My brother got one from Fairfax, still had the unit # on the door jamb, it'd do an honest 153 mph, we got clocked by a detective around Tyson's Corner at 3 a.m. :o

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    They weren't too bad, but the AXOD transmission wound up taking a fair bit of abuse, the 3.8 V6's with the police tune were actually pretty respectable performance-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom