• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Congrats on the job, but I really can't stand those auto part stores. I always have to get my muffler bearings and JDM blinker fluid online cause they never have any in stock. But all in all, Autozone usually has everything else I need except ammo.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Biggest problem I have with Autozone is their insistance that they need my name, address, phone number, fingerprints, DNA, urine sample, etc whenever I buy a part there. "It's for the warranty" they say. No it's not, it's for marketing, which I don't want to be a part of. My receipt should be ample proof of purchase should the need for the warranty arises. I once even told them that I would do without the warranty. Nope they said, and wouldn't sell me the part I needed, without my personal info. Bye bye.

I've used Advanced ever since.

MH

it is about marketing everytime you slide your debit/charge card its about marketing!...I would be more worried about buying ammo online than worry that the government know what auto parts I buy...LOL Bass Pro does it too...i tell them I dont want to give them my number they just punch something in...same with autozone...I just type 1111111...

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I pay cash and some stores still ask for phone numbers, zip codes, etc.

I once told the girl at the register my phone number was, 1111111111. She actually entered it too LMFAO

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Update...Had to quit working at Autozone....due to too many personal obligations and the primary fact Autozone was pulling some major BS with me so I quit...It was ok for the most part but something I prob would not do full time...again

A. Wayne

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2011
    Update...Had to quit working at Autozone....due to too many personal obligations and the primary fact Autozone was pulling some major BS with me so I quit...It was ok for the most part but something I prob would not do full time...again
    I noticed they are ALWAYS hiring, didn't know if it was the wages, the employees they attract, or the way they treat employees.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location

I was thinking that crazyal found out that you were working there...Guns and Autoparts... Al will camp out and ask you what time you get off...:D

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    Biggest problem I have with Autozone is their insistance that they need my name, address, phone number, fingerprints, DNA, urine sample, etc whenever I buy a part there. "It's for the warranty" they say. No it's not, it's for marketing, which I don't want to be a part of. My receipt should be ample proof of purchase should the need for the warranty arises. I once even told them that I would do without the warranty. Nope they said, and wouldn't sell me the part I needed, without my personal info. Bye bye.

I've used Advanced ever since.

MH

i like having them be able to look up parts incase i have to return it or it fails while under warrantee - however they don't need accurate info to look it up, just info that you can repeat to them consistently when you go.

you can basically have a false ID in their system and pay with cash and still get the full benefits.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I noticed they are ALWAYS hiring, didn't know if it was the wages, the employees they attract, or the way they treat employees.

I think a combo of all you mentioned...lol
    yeah its a job...if you are looking to do something...not expecting much pay and dont have other/personal commitments etc. They dont particullarly care too much about the welfare of the employees...they just want a meat puppet to sit and sell bulb grease, rewards cards and checkout challenge items:sad20::lol2::lol2:

bpfeif1

May 31, 2012
    Parkville
    My little brother made my jaw drop the other day. The girl behind the counter asked for his phone number while ringing him up and he said "I don't give my number to fat chicks"

Couldn't decide whether to die laughing or feel bad for the poor girl doing her job :eek:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    bpfeif1 said:
    My little brother made my jaw drop the other day. The girl behind the counter asked for his phone number while ringing him up and he said "I don't give my number to fat chicks"

Couldn't decide whether to die laughing or feel bad for the poor girl doing her job :eek:

Hopefully you slapped your brother upside the head. If it were my brother and he said something that stupid and mean I would have.

MDphinfan02

May 12, 2012

Too funny my brothers old car had sticker in the window... too low for a fat ho hahahaha classic

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge

It's all of the above. I worked there for a few years in between dealership jobs. I actually got roped in to being a store manager. The shit you have to put up with from upper management and customers. Having to sell packets of vasoline whenever you sell a battery or bulbs or ignition wires. Hell, they even made you push drain plug sealant. You are required to attempt to sell every part to complete the job correctly. To some people thats not too bad, but for the majority of people that walk through the door, forget it. If numbers weren't hit as far as up sales, you got wrote up. You don't see people at Napa having their jobs threatened when WITT number weren't met. But I digress, if you must work at the zone' please limit it to part time. Now Im back working for a Chrysler dealer and couldn't be happier

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom