• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    I want to try aerating my lawn. I am looking for someone this weekend in the Parkville area with a truck or van. The plan would be to meet at the Joppa Road Home Depot Tool Rental, pick up the aerator, and return with it 3 hours later. The basic help I need is 1) your truck 2) loading and unloading the gas powered aerator (a 2 person job) and 3) possible advice or assistance,since I am not familiar with how it works. Payment is $60. PM me if interested and when you are available.

R81

Jun 30, 2006
    mopar92: Please leave your off-topic innappropriate posts elsewhere. Thanks.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Home Depot will give you a run down of how to use it.

Also, YouTube search the implement you are renting in advance. It will be great hands on training without chewing up your time on the clock.

And speaking of clock, three hours is not much time. Either schmooze the worker and see if 4 hours would still be three hours ... or rent it for the day.

I say this all as I just slice seeded my yard. Granted I do at least two passes on most.. but travel time and time spent working.... three hours aint much.

Good luck. I hope you have some follow up to the aerating?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It's bit late for aerating in the spring. Wait for the end of September. Some grasses like Spring Aeration but it should have been done around first mowing.

If you are dead set on it. Talk to some neighbors. I did my lawn and so did 3 of my neighbors. We rented the machine for a day and helped each other out. We saved a lot of money over renting the machine individually.

Good luck.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Sorry it just popped in my head and was a shameless hilarious bump.

It was. And swatting your nose with a rolled up newspaper was a little over the top.

Responses that could have been used:

-Nothing suspicious about it.... It's just aeration.
    -Really/Seriously?
    -Work with me here, I really do need some help....
    -So when can I expect you?

Oh well. Feel free to be a prankster on my threads. I won't mind. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom