• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    These are the kingmakers in the proverbial back room who decide who gets the nod to be on the ballot , and who runs unopposed.

About half of these people are unopposed. I used my official advertisment from the county D party as a reverse guide. Whoever is a current member , and has an opponent , I made sure to vote for the other one.

And for the unopposed , I cast no vote , if only to mess with their minds.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I will be voting only for the ones who are willing to make the primary open instead of closed.

As I heard it this morning, there is no move for the Ds to allow any degree of open primary.

The rationale was hilarious, though...

Anyone wanting to vote in the D primary can change their affiliation, because it will only help get stronger candidates through to the General.

They are also convinced that there is no way to "raid" a primary in MD, because there has been no evidence that it has ever been done. Any attempt would have to be incredibly well-coordinated and widespread.

ummmmm.......

:lol2:

ETA: They also seemed very satisfied that so much of the early vote was D... as if it solidified their stranglehold on the electorate.

Last edited:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    As I heard it this morning, there is no move for the Ds to allow any degree of open primary.

Anyone wanting to vote in the D primary can change their affiliation, because it will only help get stronger candidates through to the General.

They are also convinced that there is no way to "raid" a primary in MD, because there has been no evidence that it has ever been done. Any attempt would have to be incredibly well-coordinated and widespread.

ummmmm.......

I wonder what they will say after Nov 4, when all the DINOs switch back?!!

Guess they never heard of the internet :innocent0

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Be careful about wishing for an open primary. It would be a lot easier in Md for D's to raid the R primary than the reverse simply because of the numbers.

And why switch back ? Everyone has same options in General election , and you'd just have to reswitch for 2016 primaries.

If I felt an overwhelming need to constantly be switching for a useless gesture , it would be for the L party.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Be careful about wishing for an open primary. It would be a lot easier in Md for D's to raid the R primary than the reverse simply because of the numbers.

And why switch back ? Everyone has same options in General election , and you'd just have to reswitch for 2016 primaries.

If I felt an overwhelming need to constantly be switching for a useless gesture , it would be for the L party.

Pretty sure if the primary system were to change in MD, it would be that independents would be allowed to vote in D and R primaries.

The likelihood of completely open primaries in MD is nil.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    These are the kingmakers in the proverbial back room who decide who gets the nod to be on the ballot , and who runs unopposed.

About half of these people are unopposed. I used my official advertisment from the county D party as a reverse guide. Whoever is a current member , and has an opponent , I made sure to vote for the other one.

And for the unopposed , I cast no vote , if only to mess with their minds.

This is COMPLETELY different from how the Republicans do it....interesting.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A

ummmmm.......

ETA: They also seemed very satisfied that so much of the early vote was D... as if it solidified their stranglehold on the electorate.

A few of the candidates are on the fence about it or in outright favor of it according to their posted responses on vote411.org . I'm not sure how many total people are on the committee.

The ultimate odds of anything changing are probably slim, but since I get to do as much damage as possible, there's no harm in casting votes for any that might do anything marginally useful like increasing primary access.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Well considering how some people the hyperbole some people post about being a DINO, and that many pro-2a people still feel the need to be unaffiliated, they are right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom