• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    I'm not sure of the best place to put this. So I'll put it here.

Michael Waldman, author of The Second Amendment: a Biography, will "discuss his work" (that's the phrase in the announcement I read) in the Library of Congress Mumford Room at noon on June 24, 2014. These presentations typically last about an hour; they are free and no tickets are required.

The Mumford Room is on the 6th floor of the Madison Building, which is the one diagonally across 1st St. from the Capitol South (Orange Line) Metro.

Note well: For practical purposes there is no parking on Capitol Hill. So if you want to attend, Metro is, by far, your best bet.

I do not know any more about this than what is above. I have not read Mr. Waldman's book and have no idea what is viewpoint is.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Location, location, location ...

There is a not so hidden reason his May 20, 2014 release 'book tour' includes the Library of Congress among other DC 'Peoples' venues, and I would bet that his speaker's podium will be positioned opposing that of the Bill of Rights. :rolleyes:

5/28 New York, NY / Barnes & Noble (Upper West Side)
    6/3 Washington, DC / The National Archives
    6/4 Philadelphia, PA / The Constitution Center
    6/5 Brooklyn, NY / Congregation Beth Elohim
    6/9 Chicago, IL / Chicago ACS Chapter
    6/10 Chicago, IL / Union League Club
    6/19 Washington, DC / American Constitution Society National Convention
    6/24 Washington, DC / The Library of Congress

6/25 Boston, MA / Boston ACS Chapter & Boston Bar Association lunch
    6/25 Boston, MA / Harvard Book Store
    6/30 Washington, DC / Politics & Prose
    6/30 Washington, DC / Event with Third Way

7/7 Seattle, WA / Townhall Seattle
    7/9 San Francisco, CA / Commonwealth Club
    7/10 San Francisco, CA / Bay Area ACS luncheon

Take note of the two very-progressive venues in DC later in the month.

The Politics of Politics and Prose

The idea that Politics and Prose has a liberal bias has caused the store some consternation, but it's rooted in reality. The bookstore draws a graying, turtleneck crowd in a neighborhood known for its liberal politics in a city that gave George W. Bush fewer than 22,000 votes in 2004. Would you expect the shelves to be buckling under the weight of Sean Hannity and Co.'s latest books?

Michael Waldman, former Director of Speechwriting for President Bill Clinton, is no stranger to partisan politics, delivering hit pieces cloaked in half-truths, twisted language, and historical inaccuracies for Slick Willy. With his new book, he's back-stopping for Hillary's latest CNN Townhall pronounciation that equates gun control opponents with terrorists. The Clinton's learned their lesson well regarding 2A in '94 and need to adopt a 'kinder/gentler' (and less obvious) approach to gun-control. To think otherwise would underestimate the depths of deceit that the Clintonistas will stoop.

Confronting Waldman at the LoC would be considered 'bad form', but if you wish to challenge his politically-motivated anti-gun biased book, have at him at Politics & Prose and Third Way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom