• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TenaciousRock

Feb 10, 2011
    Carroll County
    All,

Usually I don't vote in the primaries but this year I've been feeling the urge. The problem is the election is right around the corner and I don't really know very much about the positions of each of the candidates. Being one who really doesn't keep eyes and ears on politics at all times, I'm kind of in the dark, I tried looking at some of the other threads listed but it seemed a little over my head for something to try to understand at work.

Can someone or multiple people, list out pros/cons of each candidate and their positions please?

I know Lollar has been getting some nice 2A group support.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    All,

Usually I don't vote in the primaries but this year I've been feeling the urge. The problem is the election is right around the corner and I don't really know very much about the positions of each of the candidates. Being one who really doesn't keep eyes and ears on politics at all times, I'm kind of in the dark, I tried looking at some of the other threads listed but it seemed a little over my head for something to try to understand at work.

Can someone or multiple people, list out pros/cons of each candidate and their positions please?

I know Lollar has been getting some nice 2A group support.

Many people have realized that outside of a select few districts, most Republicans are running unopposed in the primary or the election has no republican to begin with.

I suggest getting into the DINO movement. This is a project that involves changing party affiliation to Democrat, and voting against incumbents in the primaries. Many Democrats are in competitive races, and this gives you the ability to fire those who voted for SB281. Now of course, many of the challengers are pro-gun control, but at this point, all that matters is getting rid of incumbents and showing Annapolis that they are invulnerable. The enemy of my enemy is my friend so to speak.

Don't worry though, you can be a democrat and vote republican in the November general election.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=153318

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    It is too late to switch to Dem and do the DINO thing for this election cycle, so you will be voting as a Republican in the primary.

There is some excellent research already done for you in the first few posts of this thread:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147366

You'll find brief summations of each candidates 2A position, along with voting records if applicable.

The candidates are organized by district. Your voter card should tell you what district you are in or you can check here:
    https://voterservices.elections.state.md.us/VoterSearch

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    It is too late to switch to Dem and do the DINO thing for this election cycle, so you will be voting as a Republican in the primary.

There is some excellent research already done for you in the first few posts of this thread:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147366

You'll find brief summations of each candidates 2A position, along with voting records if applicable.

The candidates are organized by district. Your voter card should tell you what district you are in or you can check here:
    https://voterservices.elections.state.md.us/VoterSearch
    I read in the paper you could actually switch at the polling place and be given a provisional ballot. Not sure if true or not.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I read in the paper you could actually switch at the polling place and be given a provisional ballot. Not sure if true or not.

I wish I could find the thread but a member here who is an election judge said something about that only being possible if you had made an effort to contact the Board and switch before the June 3rd deadline.

I could certainly be mistaken. Who would ever think Maryland politics would be anything other than confusing?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I wish I could find the thread but a member here who is an election judge said something about that only being possible if you had made an effort to contact the Board and switch before the June 3rd deadline.

I could certainly be mistaken. Who would ever think Maryland politics would be anything other than confusing?
    You are correct, you will not be given a provisional ballot if all you want to do is change party, per the Carroll County Board of Elections lady with whom I just spoke.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    You are correct, you will not be given a provisional ballot if all you want to do is change party, per the Carroll County Board of Elections lady with whom I just spoke.

Thanks for the quick research! One of those cases where I wish I was wrong, as a few more DINOs might make a difference.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    As has been discussed elsewhere, switching to DINO in Carroll may very well be counter-productive. And you will notice the OP is from Carroll.

TenaciousRock, what district are you in?

TenaciousRock

Feb 10, 2011
    Carroll County
    I don't recall, the voter card is at my house.

Dumb question, but do you need to get a new voter reg card when you change address? I bought a house and I'm slowly switching things over.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    but do you need to get a new voter reg card when you change address?

Unless you want to vote where you previously did, you should make the change. May have changed your district too. and due to the gerrymandering, your old card may have your wrong district on it as well.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Carmen Amedori is a solid pro 2A conservative and our best choice for delegate! Justin Ready is good. Some have said Krebs is also good but, I'm rethinking that choice based on other issues she has supported and looking at her endorsements. I can say for certain that everytime, I brought an issue up to Carmen Amedori back when she was our delegate, she looked into it and did something about it. Everytime I have brought an issue up to Krebs, she didn't really do anything about it.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Carmen Amedori is a solid pro 2A conservative and our best choice for delegate! Justin Ready is good.

I completely agree...however you must remember that a lot of the south Carroll area was redistricted (gerrymandered) and Carmen and Justin are NOT on OUR ballots. This is why I asked the OP what district he is in. I really think that a lot of "voters" have no clue that this is the case. When they get to the polls they will be like, "who the hell are these people?". That is when I will tell them the only Delegate names they need to check are Mirabile and Bouchat for 9A.

Amedori

Carmen Amedori is a solid pro 2A conservative and our best choice for delegate! Justin Ready is good. Some have said Krebs is also good but, I'm rethinking that choice based on other issues she has supported and looking at her endorsements. I can say for certain that everytime, I brought an issue up to Carmen Amedori back when she was our delegate, she looked into it and did something about it. Everytime I have brought an issue up to Krebs, she didn't really do anything about it.

Thank you for this support.

There are liberals in the wolf pack. They are getting money from liberal special interest groups who want to take Carroll. We are the last standing conservative soldier in the Metropolitan area. I urge all to please do some research as to who has the special interest money and what the agenda and goals are of these candidates. If these RINO liberals are reelected, I suggest, Carroll County will never be the same. This is the turning point election. Let's keep Carroll Conservative and not surrender to the liberal agendas! Thank you. Carmen

Amedori

I completely agree...however you must remember that a lot of the south Carroll area was redistricted (gerrymandered) and Carmen and Justin are NOT on OUR ballots. This is why I asked the OP what district he is in. I really think that a lot of "voters" have no clue that this is the case. When they get to the polls they will be like, "who the hell are these people?". That is when I will tell them the only Delegate names they need to check are Mirabile and Bouchat for 9A.

For what it's worth, I support Frank Mirabile - I don't know Bouchart that well.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Thank you for this support.

There are liberals in the wolf pack. They are getting money from liberal special interest groups who want to take Carroll. We are the last standing conservative soldier in the Metropolitan area. I urge all to please do some research as to who has the special interest money and what the agenda and goals are of these candidates. If these RINO liberals are reelected, I suggest, Carroll County will never be the same. This is the turning point election. Let's keep Carroll Conservative and not surrender to the liberal agendas! Thank you. Carmen

You are welcome Carmen!

I have looked at who is backing certain candidates and something just doesn't pass the smell test. I look at more than just 2A. Their actions and records do not fit the rhetoric. I want to know for certain where my representatives stand on many issues including, but not limited to 2A. You have my trust and my vote!

Amedori

Eruby

Especially when she knows the truth. I have always been a leader. I had family (my soon to be 91 yr old Dad) to take care of for a bit - but my sisters have him now. And Nancy, as well as the editor of the CCT knows the truth. Yet, he allows her untruths to run in the paper.

Additionally, in February I was told that Jim Lee made a bet against me. How objective is that? You have no idea the arguments I have had with him. But you see, I don't have the liberal political action money to run big ADs in the CCT and so I am insignificant to him. Just remember that Susan Krebs has more than $100,000 in her coffers - more than 75% is from special interest PACs. It is my opinion, that she does not have the best interest of the citizens or the 2A in mind as she plasters her billboards around the county all paid for by liberal money.

I am praying that I win and he loses that bet! And to show the politicians in this county that we will not tolerate the liberal special interest money in to take control of Carroll County, the last conservative soldier in the Metro area. The Liberals want us badly. They are out in full force this election. It is the worst I have ever seen it. They don't like that we are a Second Amendment sanctuary protected county. They are coming for us full force this election. I urge you all to be careful of your votes.

Thanks Carmen

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis

How can they check to see if you made "an effort".

As an aside, the Annapolis Capitol reported that the deadline for changing party affiliations was midnight June 3rd. I changed party affiliations at 10pm June third and was told the deadline was 9PM, that my party affiliation would take effect after this election cycle. I contacted one of the candidates and was told that I could ask for a provisional dem ballot at the polling place- no restrictions.
    As it turned out, I got my new registration card a week ago and when I voted, they had the new party affiliation on the roster.(or whatever they check). No provisional ballot needed.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I think it's very poor form that Nancy Stocksdale keeps writing in the Carroll County Times that you 'quit anything you've ever started'.

Good luck to you on June 24th!

And to think that Stocksdale had the nerve to call someone a career politician.:mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom