• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I ****ed myself on Stage 4 by not being able to get the spinner to spin with my shotgun. That was a 60 second penalty... :-( I also completely missed a popper on Stage 3 with my pistol.

I don't get why it has everyone listed as Tac Optics... I was registered as Tactical Irons.

It would also be nice if the scoresheet were more IDPA-esque with the stage breakdowns.

Either way the match was definitely a blast! I'll be back for sure... And I'll be back with chokes in my shotgun! LOL

I thought the purpose was to shoot it fast enough so it wouldn't spin and you wouldn't have to ambush the plates if it did spin. I didn't think you had to let it spin as per the rules, maybe I have it wrong when it comes to this.
    Will you be shooting the limited class at York as well? How did you do with the extended rifle shots and the iron sights?

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I thought the purpose was to shoot it fast enough so it wouldn't spin and you wouldn't have to ambush the plates if it did spin. I didn't think you had to let it spin as per the rules, maybe I have it wrong when it comes to this.
    Will you be shooting the limited class at York as well? How did you do with the extended rifle shots and the iron sights?

You're thinking of a Texas Star... Put one of those in front of me and I'll nail the hell out of it.

This was a spinner... It's on the left of the video at the end. You had to make it spin one full revolution to count. My gun didn't have the choke and/or high brass shells to do it from the same position as everyone else and I wasn't able to think on the fly enough to load more than 2 shells and try to drive it over :tdown:

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA
    I was defaintly rusty, the heat kinda nuked me after the 2 hr wait for group 1 as well. Have to get back in the every shoot does not have to be an A and faster with a few C's are okay.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    You're thinking of a Texas Star... Put one of those in front of me and I'll nail the hell out of it.

This was a spinner... It's on the left of the video at the end. You had to make it spin one full revolution to count. My gun didn't have the choke and/or high brass shells to do it from the same position as everyone else and I wasn't able to think on the fly enough to load more than 2 shells and try to drive it over :tdown:

Ah now I understand. Dude I chuckled myself when you commented on the 2 round load and I watched it in the vid. I may be wrong but it looks like you did that 2 round load twice and almost a 3rd time. Looked like a fun stage. Thanks for sharing this hopefully I learned something from it and will not make that mistake. Look forward to meeting you up at York I thin Anthonyjhallen is shooting with your team? I met him last month at the fun shoot in York, we had a good time that day.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah the key with the spinner was a) get close, b) shoot it head on, not at an angle, and c) start on it with a full tube. once you stop shooting at it, it loses momentum very quickly.

i tried to double tap it but the spinner was pretty much horizontal in the time it took for my second shot to hit, so didn't help but also didn't hurt. then i waited briefly and hit it again and thankfully it turned. we were joking that maybe for the next one need to load 3" or even 3 1/2" #6 which should help get the job done.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    yeah the key with the spinner was a) get close, b) shoot it head on, not at an angle, and c) start on it with a full tube. once you stop shooting at it, it loses momentum very quickly.

i tried to double tap it but the spinner was pretty much horizontal in the time it took for my second shot to hit, so didn't help but also didn't hurt. then i waited briefly and hit it again and thankfully it turned. we were joking that maybe for the next one need to load 3" or even 3 1/2" #6 which should help get the job done.

I guarantee you I'll be running high brass #6 next time :lol2: Whether I get chokes by then or not :lol:

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I was defaintly rusty, the heat kinda nuked me after the 2 hr wait for group 1 as well. Have to get back in the every shoot does not have to be an A and faster with a few C's are okay.

Yeah, our squad was huge for some reason (17 shooters). I think the waiting and resetting fatigued me more than anything else. I'm bringing a chair, next time.

jbollman

MDCreeper
    Jul 9, 2009
    Great, more guns and equipment to buy and more training to do.

Thanks guys. Looks like a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom