• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Actually almost nothing as you can carry under LEOSA without any restrictions I would just have government credentials from an actual police agency with me at all times.

You're saying a guard company wouldn't require a LEOSA employee to get an armed security permit? I doubt that.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    You're saying a guard company wouldn't require a LEOSA employee to get an armed security permit? I doubt that.

You have not ever worked security in Maryland then. There is not a lot of enforcement of violations due to the fact that it is the MSP that does the licensing. It is a common thing to hire off duty and retired cops to work security for armed sites due to LEOSA credentials. With some of the things I have been asked to do while working security for some companies was highly illegal and immoral to say the least. Any warm body to fit a spot will do when you need a site covered. It is a industry motto. The problem with the contract security industry is that there is no real path of advancement unless your previous military or Law enforcement. So it becomes a I will work security for a little while until I get something better and then move on. People who tend to stay are either content making chump change or have no where else to go. This ebb and flow of people constantly coming in and leaving tends to effect coverage of the sites company wide. This is how unarmed guards show up to a site that is supposed to be armed or a retired police officer is told to show up to an armed site with his duty gun to work the site. It is all legal until you get caught or loose the contract. With all business there is what is legal and what you can get away with. Outside of the major security companies most companies are ran by retired LEO's and they tend to sweep a lot of minor BS under the rug when it comes to things.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In Md , to own a Security company , the titular owner must be a Private Detective ( different from a Private Investagator ). One of the requirements to get a PD Lic is prior experience. While not theonly path , the easiest is previous LE experience. So many Security Companies are owned by retired LEO . ( Or in the bad old days , it was common path for LEO forced to retire for brutality complaints, etc to then open a Security Co.)

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    interesting, like i said i would really not wish to work any more , but i was always curious. i wouldnt work in any uniform unless armed. not that i dont rust everyone, yeah right.
    as for carrying id always , in fact i quall at mptc in a couple of days and then with aa county in the fall. yeah i only have to shoot once but since i can shoot twice why not its fun and you see old friends so its double fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom