How to transport a pistol to the range on motorcycle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Just a general comment: at this point it is illogical to point to anything related to SB281-2013 (aka Firearms Safety Act of 2013, or simply FSA 2013). That Bill was passed into law. IANAL, but IMO that means that we should all be referring to the current Statutes and Regulations, in context, as those have now been modified to affect the changes instituted by the passage and signing of FSA 2013.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nor does 4-203 (b) [or whichever] explicetly require " not concealed " . Through out all of 4-203 , everytime the subject is mentioned , is in regards to " openly OR concealed " .

NatelU has indeed stated the Statutes.
    Strieghtshooter has indeed stated what he belives to be wise practices.

In particularily regarding motorcycle transport, there is a serious break between what is legal , and what is wise. Carrying the handgun in a holster (w/ strap or other securing mechanism ) on your belt is legal ( I've even seen it done in real life) . But I couldn't recomend it as *wise* at this time.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Resurrecting an old thread, I think I found the answer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433859272.179117.jpg

Well, in Texas anyhow.

Shadow503

Jul 9, 2014
    During an NRA pistol course I asked this question to a longstanding Montgomery County PD member. He said a backpack or rifle case is fine, as long as the ammo is separate from the firearm. He said that in the case of a rifle case, the exterior mag holders are a fine place to store ammo.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Years of carrying firearms on the motorcycle in Murderland, never had a problem. I used saddle bags. Heaters in one saddle bag, Boolitz in the other. Long gun went in a case across my back or laying across the saddle bags if i had more than one. Sometimes from Howard county to Parkville on the highway (often in rush hour traffic), never even a glance. People are so myopic.

Feb 28, 2013
    Years of carrying firearms on the motorcycle in Murderland, never had a problem. I used saddle bags. Heaters in one saddle bag, Boolitz in the other. Long gun went in a case across my back or laying across the saddle bags if i had more than one. Sometimes from Howard county to Parkville on the highway (often in rush hour traffic), never even a glance. People are so myopic.

That's what I did the first time I carried in VA. On the way there I had the mag in one side, gun in the other.

Shouldn't be any problem.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Sherlock Holmes once opined that the best place to hide something was out in plain sight...

Jacqueline

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Mar 1, 2013
    When I travel on 2's to the range, I carry the gun & ammo in separate cases. I then put those separate cases in a third bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom