• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Boy was it cold! Good thing the guys had hot chocolate and the heat pumping in the office. Had some fun shooting the Hi-Point, SKS, and the 30-06. I let the kids at the bench next to us shoot the HI-Point and they thought that was really cool. They're dad pulled out an M1 paratrooper and let me put a mag through it. I think I ended up having the most fun of all. That thing was awesome! I did meet MARKNAKASONE and saw him shootign his Mosin. The targets at the pistol range were dancing like you wouldn't believe.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Thanks all for the replies. I, too, made it there today and signed up for a half-year. Cold, windy, but open. Targets blowing in the wind didn't bother me. Not like I get paid for high scores. Just practicing with a defensive pistol today and so the wind was actually welcome - bit more realistic. I'll bring my rifle when I get some ammo to burn and it's not so cold. :cool:
    ________
    Radian

Last edited:

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    My biggest problem with HB is the pistol range and the targets moving in the wind. I wish they had a better setup for that.

ughhhh, its TERRIBLE.. id rather chance shooting crap in my yard then shoot pistols at hap baker...

on the other hand the rifle range is fantastic, if you get there early.

too bad you have to feel like 100 people that are waiting in line staring at your ass while you are shooting.

MikeH

May 9, 2005

Really surprised you found my video. :D

That was in late December when there was a warning posted for wind gusts up to 40mph. The swinging motion I caught wasn't the worst for the day. A few did 360-degree cartwheels and were stuck in place. I ended up shooting the backstop directly just to unload.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Rifle range was busy this morning, eh? I had to wait over an hour. I only wanted to pop off 20 rounds in my Marlin guide gun. Then, mid-day, everyone was gone! If I'd known, I would have gone to the gun show first, and then down to the range. Any other members there this morning?
    ________
    CRF50

Last edited:

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Yup, I was there with my dad. We got there and set up around 9 am. I think there were about 5 guys there total. You just have to get there before we start shooting at 10. Right around 10 a whole van full of people showed up and filled the range up quick. We stay until 1 or so and by then it had thinned out again. We were on the benches to the right when you walk in. I had 3 and my father was shooting on 2.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I was there for a while but only shooting handguns. When I was pulling out at 130 there was a group of cars pulling in full of the next standing room only crowd. Things there make me a little nervous sometime when people arent being truly safe. Good times again though. I went home and shot in the yard with the wife and two kids. They wanted to shoot shotguns and My girl wanted to shoot her Cricket 22. More good times:party29:

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Where the heck were you, Russ. I looked for a big guy in a blue Nike jacket, even asked Happy Jack lol

Splitter

Didn't have the jacket on today. It's funny Jack didn't know considering he filed my yearly badge paperwork at 9 when I got there, I guess he doesn't read the names. My father and I were shooting on 2 and 3 all morning. I looked for a guy in a steelers cap all morning.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    to all you folks that use Hap Baker, thaaaank you for all your support. we couldn't do it without you.
    One of these days we'll figure something out with the pistol targets

Are you a range officer? How about hanging a 1 pound weight from the bottom of each target via a clip of some sort?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I don't shoot pistols so honestly I didn't realize they already hung low. There has to be a simple solution to settle them down abit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom