• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joker

Jan 31, 2009
    Harford County
    As the title says, I NEED to get my washer fixed. It is less than two years old and the wife and I cant remember where we bought it. Can't find the receipt. its a Whirlpool top loader. Went to change the laundry and it hadn't finished the cycle. After three hours it hadn't even rinsed once. There is still water with soap in the tub. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    A small sock or something may have gotten past the agitator and clogged the drain pump. Empty the basket of water and disconnect the drain hose and see. Done this several times.

Joker

Jan 31, 2009
    Harford County
    Ok Thanks guys I will check that stuff out. There is no whining or any sound at all for that matter. it wont even try to do anything. This is a whirlpool high efficiency model and it is supposed to lock the lid when it does anything. Even that doesn't happen. The indicator light doesn't even light up.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So it fills up then stops? Does the agitator ever start spinning, or is it going through the wash and failing to drain?
    I've had that problem twice on two different machines where it fills up and then won't go any further. Both times it was a bad "lid closed" switch. It wouldn't start because it thought the lid was open.

Joker

Jan 31, 2009
    Harford County
    So it fills up then stops? Does the agitator ever start spinning, or is it going through the wash and failing to drain?
    I've had that problem twice on two different machines where it fills up and then won't go any further. Both times it was a bad "lid closed" switch. It wouldn't start because it thought the lid was open.

Its not doing anything at all. Nothing. It could be the lid switch. I don't know anything yet. Having a small crisis with work so haven't even drained the damned thing yet.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Its not doing anything at all. Nothing. It could be the lid switch. I don't know anything yet. Having a small crisis with work so haven't even drained the damned thing yet.

seems like theres always a crisis at work when something at home breaks:sad20: Ive been there many times:sad20:

Joker

Jan 31, 2009
    Harford County
    When it rains there are always hail stones in it for me. I am just lucky that I haven't been struck by lightening yet. My wife keeps telling me that if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Sounds like the lid switch -- I've had same problem before. Go to one of the appliance parts sites, eg appliancerepair.com . They have great troubleshooting advice and installation videos. Lid switch is easy, cheap fix.

Joker

Jan 31, 2009
    Harford County
    OK guys, no clog. The belt is intact and tight. Yes there is a GFI in the circuit. no it is not tripped. Getting a price on a switch. I don't usually touch electrical repairs, (but this one seems simple enough) and with the machine unplugged, there is no risk of me getting zapped.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom