So What Did Everybody Get In Baltimore This Weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Went to the Baltimore Arms Collectors show yesterday morning at opening. Had a great time as usual. Excellent displays and tons and tons of neat firearms to look over.

I didn't have a set idea of what I wanted to get, so I figured I'd grab anything that I liked. Although I have been trying to get my hands on any Steyr rifles I can find lately. Prices were high on most stuff as is expected for this show, but there were some deals to be had.

Mosin-Nagant selection was slim, besides a few overpriced Finns. If I remember right one guy wanted $600 or so for a run of the mill M27. I looked at a few Steyr M95 rifles but I passed on an original 8x50r rifle that was overpriced. Luck struck towards the end of the aisles I found a long rifle that was converted to 8x56r for a very fair price, so that came home with me. Next, I saw MMBI had some very nice Swiss rifles. I couldn't put a M96/11 they had down so I bought that as well. Very nice people to deal with if you haven't met them yet.

The 1916 dated Steyr M.95 is one of the few that were not cut down and remained in long rifle configuration. However, it was rechambered to 8x56r which isn't a big deal as I can easily find ammo to shoot it. Looks to be one of the Bulgarian imports but somehow it missed getting marked. The bore is great and I can't wait to shoot it. Paid $275 for it which is a pretty good deal.

The M96/11 is in excellent shape, with all matching numbers. Canton marked for St. Gallen on the buttstock. No disgusting PW or Century import marking on the receiver, which is one of the big pluses in buying it from somewhere like MMBI. This should make an excellent shooter. Came with a sling and muzzle protector as well.

Roscoe had a pretty good day too, enjoying the weather by rolling around in the yard

Post whatever you got or thought about the show!

Attachments

• DSCN3221.jpg
      DSCN3221.jpg
      95.3 KB · Views: 507
    • DSCN3264.jpg
      DSCN3264.jpg
      95.8 KB · Views: 495
    • DSCN3287.jpg
      DSCN3287.jpg
      93.7 KB · Views: 498
    • DSCN3253.jpg
      DSCN3253.jpg
      105.3 KB · Views: 498
    Last edited:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The white spot on Roscoe looks like stuffing coming out. :D

Three revolvers...
    Hopkins & Allen XL 5 Double Action with full-length ejector and folding hammer
    Hopkins & Allen XL Bull Dog
    Belgian with holster, looks like Velo Dog of some sort

IMG_1197.JPG

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    The white spot on Roscoe looks like stuffing coming out. :D

Three revolvers...
    Hopkins & Allen XL 5 Double Action with full-length ejector and folding hammer
    Hopkins & Allen XL Bull Dog
    Belgian with holster, looks like Velo Dog of some sort

View attachment 146660

Those look great, what calibers are they?

I thought about picking up a Bodeo M1889 or a Mle 1892 I saw but figured I had already spent enough money

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Those look great, what calibers are they?

I thought about picking up a Bodeo M1889 or a Mle 1892 I saw but figured I had already spent enough money

Thanks. Both Hopkins & Allen revolvers are chambered in .38 S&W. The Belgian is chambered in .32, maybe .32 S&W (* EDIT: it's chambered in .320 British *).

Funny you mention the Mle 1892. On my short list. I scoured the show for a nice one but came up short. Only found two or three in average condition.

Last edited:

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I got a 16 gauge Pieper Bayard hammer double shotgun with some gold inlay on the barrels for cheap (unusual at this show, pretty much a steal at $300.00). It has a broken screw on one hammer which will need to be extracted at some point and replaced. I might have one that will work if I can get whats left of the old one out.
    Broke some clays with it today at the BCC IWLA.
    I think I am now up to 12 Bayard/Pieper shotguns. They just seem to fit me well.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I got a 16 gauge Pieper Bayard hammer double shotgun with some gold inlay on the barrels for cheap (unusual at this show, pretty much a steal at $300.00). It has a broken screw on one hammer which will need to be extracted at some point and replaced. I might have one that will work if I can get whats left of the old one out.
    I think I am now up to 12 Bayard/Pieper shotguns. They just seem to fit me well.

Did you buy it from a guy with glasses that was located towards the left of the large room if you entered from the display side?

I was standing next to somebody who bought an older SXS from the guy for a decent price while I was looking at another of his rifles. I didn't have time to get a good look at it though.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Think everyone saw the Schmidt Rubin 1889 I picked up. Was also drooling over the Swiss 1929 revolver Andrew had.
    One thing I started doing a couple years ago was glancing at vendor name tags for familiar names. Was blown away when Thomas Batha passed me in the small hall. For collectors of US military training rifles he's legend. Wrote the seminal US Martial .22 RF Rifles. Use this reference all the time.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Think everyone saw the Schmidt Rubin 1889 I picked up. Was also drooling over the Swiss 1929 revolver Andrew had.
    One thing I started doing a couple years ago was glancing at vendor name tags for familiar names. Was blown away when Thomas Batha passed me in the small hall. For collectors of US military training rifles he's legend. Wrote the seminal US Martial .22 RF Rifles. Use this reference all the time.

Funny you mentioned that book. I was scrolling through my phone today and found a picture I took of the cover as a reminder to buy it. About a year ago I was shooting my 513t at AGC and a guy came up to me and showed me the book. I forgot all about it until today.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

does this have damascus barrels?

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    This one has normal fluid steel barrels but I have and shoot others that are Damascus or twist.
    It's really about shooting appropriate loads for the gun, usually low pressure, lighter shot weight and slower speeds.
    I am usually more worried about old dry or oil soaked wood doing poorly with recoil than the metal.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Nice looking shotty you had there.

For once, I didn't buy anything....although I sold a couple things

Last edited:

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Did not get to the show this year but did attend the LC Smith shoot on Monday. A lot of LC Smith dealers that were at the show set up at the shoot, probably 50 to 60 LC's for sale including several in amazing original condition. 1 guy bought two guns from one vendor, a 40's 410 and a 1920's Eagle Grade 20 gauge for $20K, both guns rare and in unbelievable vintage condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom