• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Local24MD

Apr 1, 2015
    Perry Hall
    Was thinking about obtaining one an eotech holographic and g33 magnifier for my ar but I'd like to get a few opinions about them or maybe other possible options. I have read that people say they are blurry which I didn't notice but I'm wondering if anyone had the same issue or any other problems with them before I'd shovel out the money for one. Thanks

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I have one and still like it very much, but knowing what is known today - probably not the direction to go in.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I have an older set up on a Tavor. Except for the battery life compared to newer optics. It's okay. Been reliable so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 436

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    For fts magnifiers. ( premium). The aimpoint and larue FTS combo is so much better than the Eotech 3x. It's easier to use, intuitive and offers a better eye relief/ clarity.

I have the aimpoint magnifier paired up with a gen 1 bushnell Holosight. The Holosight is reliable. I've had it for over 16 years. Holds zero and never had zero shifting issues with temperature variance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      55.1 KB · Views: 423

Local24MD

Apr 1, 2015
    Perry Hall
    Thanks guys, I'm going to have to look at your other suggestions in person. I looked at some eotechs today and didn't care to much for them.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Actually like me Eotech but sending it back because of the issues. Wish Bushnell still made the Holo Sight, it also had the 65 MAO ring and dot.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    I liked the Eotech xps2 just fine but they will have no resale value now. The battery life is not as good as others including aimpoint and even the newer primary arms and others. My battery compartment would also come loose and the dot wouldn't turn on.

For the same price you could get a trijicon with an Adm mount.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I liked the Eotech xps2 just fine but they will have no resale value now. The battery life is not as good as others including aimpoint and even the newer primary arms and others. My battery compartment would also come loose and the dot wouldn't turn on.

For the same price you could get a trijicon with an Adm mount.

What trijicon could you get??

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    What trijicon could you get??

I just got a Tijicon MRO with an ADM QD mount for $493. Botach Tactical may still have the sale on as may ADM. It's pretty sweet except for the battery compartment. I broke a retention tooth installing the battery the first time. There is a circle with 3 sets of 4-5 teeth that hold the coin battery. I contacted them and they told me that just 2 teeth will hold the battery fine but that I could send in in for repair. It just seems like a setup that will lose more teeth over time as they are very fragile and once bent only break when you try to straighten them up. I also bought an Aimpoint PRO, they come with their own QD mount. It's a longer tube body but the battery is a barrel shape that pops in the compartment and should hold up over time. My intention was to order and try each and send back the one I liked the least. Still have to try them with my Eotech G33 magnifier to see if they work. Eotech won't give me a refund on it.
    I liked my Eotechs but as mentioned any value is gone and the battery life sucked, even when off it drained.

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    Any of you with 3x magnifiers experience POI shift when you drop the magnifier down? Had that happening today with Primary Arms 3x magnifier with Primary Arms 2 MOA red dot. It would shift POI about 2" at 50 yards. Read up on the internet about the possible parallax, angles, etc.. but doesn't seem to be a consensus. Just wondering if any experience on here about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom