• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Not a bad deal but lets face it. It's going to be 40 bucks to transfer it, so it comes in at $100. There are IPs here that can do that no issue. Last lower I got from BBP was like $98. No affiliation but I highly recommend them.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I heard you need an HQL to get a lower these days even if you plan on building an HBAR?

I'm sure this question has been addressed elsewhere so I apologize in advance.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So they just transfer on a 4473 as an other? I thought they required state paperwork and HQL. Or it's just the 4473 and state paperwork? MD laws suck ass.

4473 and 77r with a 7 day wait but no hql requirement. Same as a c&r pistol.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    o.k. lowers don't need a HQL if it stays a rifle? what about transfer in state F2F. that still needs to be done by MDSP or a FFL correct?? I don't want to sell mine wrong.

got my question answered today when a MDSP trooper called me and before we hung up I asked him about selling a complete AR lower to another MD resident.. a 77R DOES need to be filled out.
    now the funny thing he said if it was a heavy barreled it wouldn't.

Last edited:

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    o.k. lowers don't need a HQL if it stays a rifle? what about transfer in state F2F. that still needs to be done by MDSP or a FFL correct?? I don't want to sell mine wrong.

No the lower can't be bought FTF in another state. It must be done through an FFL transfer in MD or shipped to an FFL in MD.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Can I purchase a lower to make into a pistol, and then, say 8 mos to a year later, turn that into a SBR? Or does it ALWAYS have to stay a pistol?

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    not talking about another state.
    I am a MD resident and looking to sell it to another MD resident.

got my question answered today when a MDSP trooper called me and before we hung up I asked him about selling a complete AR lower to another MD resident.. a 77R DOES need to be filled out.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Can I purchase a lower to make into a pistol, and then, say 8 mos to a year later, turn that into a SBR? Or does it ALWAYS have to stay a pistol?

The smart game is, always build your AR lower into a pistol first(as long as it was transferred as ''other'' and not ''rifle''). After that, you can build it into any legal configuration you wish, and be able to return it to a pistol at any time. Obviously you don't build your SBR until you receive your stamp. There is no time frame that I am aware of as to changing the gun's configuration. IANAL

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I've seen Anderson lowers locally (Columbia) for $75 plus tax, and no MSP fee (at least I wasn't charged one for a Spike's lower).

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    not talking about another state.
    I am a MD resident and looking to sell it to another MD resident.

That's wrong, but it seems MSP doesn't want to fix it without being sued, and we can't afford it, unfortunately.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    good deal, assuming you have an ffl who doesn't rip you a new one on the transfer...

great price. wish some of my local FFL's had some.

Not a bad deal but lets face it. It's going to be 40 bucks to transfer it, so it comes in at $100. There are IPs here that can do that no issue. Last lower I got from BBP was like $98. No affiliation but I highly recommend them.

https://www.adcordefense.com/dealer-locator/

There are at least 3 IP's on the dealer list

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom