• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    rj1974 is that a good show for wwII knifes to and do the sell guns or parts for m1s

Mr H

Banana'd
    A lot of overpriced crap. I think i'll stick to PA shows from now on. Tried to negotiate with a few tables and most sellers seemed insulted. Oh well, I'll just keep my business elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I noticed the lack of willingness to accept pretty fair offers as well.

Ammo prices were mostly ridiculous, though I did see some pretty fair prices on some guns I just can't justify right now.

So, only picked up a couple t-shirts and called it a day.

I did see Lou, Mike and Patty, so not a complete waste.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    rj1974 is that a good show for wwII knifes to and do the sell guns or parts for m1s

Yes , there are a good bit of WWII knives there Ive found a few good ones . There are some gun parts there too but I dont have specifics , mostly all milsurp. I have not seen any firearms for sale other then one time .A guy was splitting up a crate of Mosins .

jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester
    For you C&R guys.. Post WWII MAS 36 $250: 1950 dated Russian SKS refurb blued bolt $500; VKT Finn M-39 $325. These were somewhat reasonably priced in my opinion and I don't know if the prices were negotiable. I got two spam cans of 7.62X54 for $160 otd.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    The show seemed to get much smaller this time around. At first I didn't see Top Hot in the back then found it taking up about 1/4 of one aisle. My friend and I went but left empty handed. Going to wait until Chantilly in three weeks.

Gunny1

Senior Citizen Member
    The show seemed to get much smaller this time around. At first I didn't see Top Hot in the back then found it taking up about 1/4 of one aisle. My friend and I went but left empty handed. Going to wait until Chantilly in three weeks.

A vendor told me that Skip (TopHat) sold his business. Said he wanted to retire from the business. Those ladies with the red top hats purchased part of his inventory.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Did all of you folks miss the best deal of the show.....the $29.95 12 gauge at Lou's table..............

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    I didnt see much. The onion rings and chicken tenders in the back were good.

On the way out the door, I bought 600 rounds of Fiochhi 9mm and .380 ammo at the Continental Arms table.

The ammo deal paid for my admission, my lunch, and a saved me a trip to Walmart.

Mission accomplished!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    By far the worst Timonium show yet. Lots of empty space. Less gun dealers and more junk dealers than ever. If it wasn't for BO I don't think this promoter could stay in business. His shows continue to go downhill. As for the girls that took over from Top Hat, was told that one of them is the promoters GF. Good luck to them. Big shoes to fill. You'd have thought they could have got the traditional space anyway. Did meet Lou so there was an upside.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I noticed the lack of willingness to accept pretty fair offers as well.

Ammo prices were mostly ridiculous, though I did see some pretty fair prices on some guns I just can't justify right now.

So, only picked up a couple t-shirts and called it a day.

I did see Lou, Mike and Patty, so not a complete waste.

Glad we could make the trip worth it. It was hard being next to the Nut Lady. The cinnamon begins to burn the throat after a few hours.

It was good seeing a lot of folks from MD Shooters and talking with Lou (Shooter's Discount), Neil & Vicky (NSK Sales) and Mark (FreeState). We like talking to everyone looking for an outdoor range and a good gun club to join. Overall not a bad show for us, but it was not good for trying to make a deal. very few folks wanted to negotiate at all. I saw the one table with the Springfield RO 1911 that were $200.00 more than Lou. I was going to say something to the guy, but decided not to. I am sure he already heard it.

We had a lot folks stop by an talk about joining Monumental and the Women On Target.

Did get some comments about some bad NRA classes beening given in the area. I recommended that any one seeking NRA classes check out the course descriptions on the NRA site and if the class differs from the NRA description, call the NRA training department and report the instructor.

krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    I really wanted to attend this show but ended up having to work back to back 16hr shifts this weekend. :mad54:

I feel your pain, had to deal with server room and office move, worked 90 hour week, about 50 of it was Friday through tonight, gotta be back in morning to help users :(, these are the days I hate being salary, otherwise the OT pay would have got me some nice new guns for collection

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I picked up a 1000 Lumen tactical light. I saw an optics dealer there I will check out though I have little faith in their products. Picked up a pink camo baby set for my daughter and pair of black BDU pants. I was digging the 12 ga AR I saw sitting on one of the dealers tables.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    12ga AR?
    Do tell

I didn't look at it in depth or pick it up. Imagine an AR-15 as a 12 ga shotgun. The only thing that surprised me was the price tag $795.00
    I believe its actually called a Turkish ADAL Arms MKA 1919 shotgun

downwind65

Jan 10, 2010
    Baltimore Co.
    I went up Saturday and yes it was packed, But I found some good deals on ammo towards the back and to the center. Good prices on .223,.45,.40.,9mm. Couldn't find a deal on a .17HMR. Wanted to look at Lou's .45's but his booth was packed. I guess it's off to Frederick next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom