• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Based on the experience with the Machine Gun Nest, this is harder than it seems (permits, etc.). I would be surprised if this was really open in 2015.

This is an excellent location though.

One hopes this prods OnTarget to up their game. It's convenient, but no rifles. I personally like Freestate, but its kinda of a trek. I am not a fan of the freezing cold at AGC either.

Me either but at least the mud doesn't stick when it's frozen.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I got my email solicitation announcement today. Does that mean I've been accepted as a member there?

:lol::lol2:

Is there really such a thing as a "vapor range?"

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think this became PSTA in Upr Marlboro, Md. Not open to the public, but LE & security related-types. A very nice facility.

Nope…I know one of the folks involved. This is the one. ;)

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Call me old school and yes, I know it's not much, but I'm still a Myrtle Grove fan. Where else can you get to shoot in several "mico-climates"? Jungle hot and muggy in summer, desert dry and dust-bowl like during dry spells, swamp training after a week of hard rains, Tundra shooting (if and when it ever snows around this frickin place), urban training (duck and cover when the urban cowboys are shooting) and last but not least, peaceful, solitude when the temperature is below 32. I like to shoot and train under the worst of conditions because I heard that there might be a problem scheduling the SHTF event on a sunny, 78 degree day. Just sayin...

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    shot at Elite with a group of friends on Friday before the gun show. pistol range. very nice! ventilation was excellent. nice wide lane. table in front of shooter in the lane is on wheels so can be moved to the side for holster drawing and firing. target system worked great and lane downrange was very well lit. only thing I can ding them on is the lack of light in the lane over the shooting table. very dark.

we took a look in the rifle range side as we were leaving. 100yds indoor with built in shooting benches in each lane. best thing about the rifle lanes is the remote camera that allows you to see your target downrange right on the monitor suspended over the bench. sure beats having to bring target in, check hits and back out to 100yds.

its a bit of a drive for us to shoot there weekly, but I can see hitting it prior to the NGS in Chantilly.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So, anyone know what's going on with this? It's been about six months since the last round of emails asking for private investors. If it's dead, that's OK, but I'd certainly like to know.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    The location is right up the street from where the guy broke in to rob the car repair shop and was met by the armed shop owner. The owner, Peanut, popped the guy. My employer is farther down the street. I've been watching that location for years wondering what they were doing with that slow clearing of the lot. Now I know.

Any word on their status? The land in question has had an ice new building on it for some time but no signage or news of their opening. Hopefully it is just delayed and not a lost venture.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    The location is right up the street from where the guy broke in to rob the car repair shop and was met by the armed shop owner. The owner, Peanut, popped the guy. My employer is farther down the street. I've been watching that location for years wondering what they were doing with that slow clearing of the lot. Now I know.

I'd say this location has a potential trifecta of clientele - well off urbanites from inside the city, well off suburbanites from the other end of the ICC ... and as a diversion from studying at College Park. $2,500 a year would probably sell out pretty easily; I wonder how much higher they could go?

I knew Peanut when he had the Gulf station on Rt.1.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Personally I'm tired of indoor ranges, it's all I have locally to my knowledge and im just tired of it, I don't care how cold it is outside I will always prefer shooting outdoors. Plus I love the way firearms sound outside vs being muzzled down indoors.

Nice cafe range though for those who are interested.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Call me old school and yes, I know it's not much, but I'm still a Myrtle Grove fan. Where else can you get to shoot in several "mico-climates"? Jungle hot and muggy in summer, desert dry and dust-bowl like during dry spells, swamp training after a week of hard rains, Tundra shooting (if and when it ever snows around this frickin place), urban training (duck and cover when the urban cowboys are shooting) and last but not least, peaceful, solitude when the temperature is below 32. I like to shoot and train under the worst of conditions because I heard that there might be a problem scheduling the SHTF event on a sunny, 78 degree day. Just sayin...

Couldn't have said it any better man. I'm glad im not the only one who feels this way.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Out of 50 posts, 38 were about technical problems with his rifle. Seems legit enough so far.

Welcome again, good luck with getting your rifle sorted out .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom