• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Can any expert smiths tell me about this stock. Would be great to have but before I start my next build I would like to heavily weigh the pros and cons of this type of stock.

Thanks

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    Not a smith, but I would suggest getting a full auto bolt if you plan on doing alot of bumpfire. Just due to the additional stress and heat being applied in a shorter amount of time and those carriers and bolts are built a little stronger.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    You should also consider an HBAR barrel if you are going to be shooting sustained fire with a bump stock. I have set mine up on several AR's, including my HBAR and that would be the one I would use long term, though full auto simulated fire does burn up some ammo.. lol

It's a lot cheaper to set it up on an MP15-22... ;)

It really likes a light trigger, most of mine that worked well were in the 4lb range or less and they all worked fine with a slidefire stock.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Chad will probably be by shortly to tell you at length why bumpfire stocks are dangerous on rimfire/ blowback platforms.

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    Not recommended with 9mm blowback due to likelihood of an out of battery discharge. I have one on my M&P 15-22 and it is a blast to shoot, but you will need to do a little trigger work on it first.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    understand the risk of OOB with a blowback, already got that from Chad... lol

I only ran it briefly on my 15-22, most of the time when used, it is on an HBAR 223.. ;)

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    I think it is just a wast of ammo. But, having one on a Saga 12 with a 20 round drum is fun as hell when 1,500 snow geese are coming in. Still a waste of ammo but it was FUN.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Talking about bump fire, I'm looking for that site that someone on MDS posted that sells a sliding vertical grip on the forearm - used for bump fire. I've looked high & low and cannot find it.
    Any help appreciated!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Saw a guy at a range recently with one on his AR with a .22LR upper. Sounded like a mini gattling gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom