• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmonast

Feb 1, 2011
    Gamber, MD
    Wow sounds like a blast, unfortunately it is our anniversary and we will be out of town.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I have stayed at Savage River Lodge. It's a great place to take the wife for a "Quite" weekend. I wouldn't recommend it for this bunch. Although they are pet friendly.

The Hampton inn in Frostburg is pretty nice and run by good people. We stay there when we hold classes in the Cumberland area.

Your best option in my opinion for a small group is to rent a house/cabin near the lake. The wife and I really like the services provided by Taylor Made Deep Creek Vacations. They sent me an email yesterday with Spring deals. http://www.deepcreekvacations.com/encore/stage/viewemail.html?ET=M1013375m5698

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Well, sounds like if we get there early enough, we can take the entire range and not have the "tourons" to worry about until we decide to pack up and leave.:D

To us Hooligans, "early enough" is usually well before daylight. Like DCR pointed out, it's not a big place.

Attachments

• DSC00181.jpg
      DSC00181.jpg
      26.1 KB · Views: 147

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Well, sounds like if we get there early enough, we can take the entire range and not have the "tourons" to worry about until we decide to pack up and leave.:D

Its not really tourons to worry about. With the turnout that is listed, its going to be very difficult to accomadate that amount of people at the Savage. Its a small DNR range, and not enough target stands for each station at the moment. There are at least 3 target stands that have been in disrepair for months.

Parking will also be an issue.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I'm out — definitely got family in town that weekend. Might be able to skip out for half a day, but a full day to a day and a half... I don't know — if I blew off the kin like that, then I'd look more the schmuck than I already am.

Y'all have a blast!

Yuk yuk yuk...

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Its not really tourons to worry about. With the turnout that is listed, its going to be very difficult to accomadate that amount of people at the Savage. Its a small DNR range, and not enough target stands for each station at the moment. There are at least 3 target stands that have been in disrepair for months.

We are used to sharing lanes :)

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I have stayed at Savage River Lodge. It's a great place to take the wife for a "Quite" weekend. I wouldn't recommend it for this bunch. Although they are pet friendly.

The Hampton inn in Frostburg is pretty nice and run by good people. We stay there when we hold classes in the Cumberland area.

Your best option in my opinion for a small group is to rent a house/cabin near the lake. The wife and I really like the services provided by Taylor Made Deep Creek Vacations. They sent me an email yesterday with Spring deals. http://www.deepcreekvacations.com/encore/stage/viewemail.html?ET=M1013375m5698

Was thinking of the food at Savage River Lodge, not so much for accommodations.

That rental idea is interesting. The Buried Treasure place looks great!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Was thinking of the food at Savage River Lodge, not so much for accommodations.

That rental idea is interesting. The Buried Treasure place looks great!

Ohhhhhhh The FOOD IS EXCELLENT! They have an incredible wine list as well. (it's wasted on me since I don't drink anymore) I highly recommend them for Fine Dining.

The wife and I also like the Hen House and The Sand Spring Saloon and Steak House in Frostburg. I think the Sand Spring Saloon and Steak House would be more suited for this group.

Sand Springs Saloon & Steakhouse
    188 W Main St, Frostburg, MD ‎
    (301) 689-8085 ‎ · sandspringssaloon.com

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Ohhhhhhh The FOOD IS EXCELLENT! They have an incredible wine list as well. (it's wasted on me since I don't drink anymore) I highly recommend them for Fine Dining.

The wife and I also like the Hen House and The Sand Spring Saloon and Steak House in Frostburg. I think the Sand Spring Saloon and Steak House would be more suited for this group.

Sand Springs Saloon & Steakhouse
    188 W Main St, Frostburg, MD ‎
    (301) 689-8085 ‎ · sandspringssaloon.com

Ah. The Hen House! Used to go there. Sand Spring Saloon must have opened after 1982... Sounds good!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The only reason I suggest the Sand Spring Saloon over the Hen House is the bar. I will point out that it is only a mile or two from the Hampton Inn but it's a good 45 minutes from the lake area and Taylor Made cabins.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    The only reason I suggest the Sand Spring Saloon over the Hen House is the bar. I will point out that it is only a mile or two from the Hampton Inn but it's a good 45 minutes from the lake area and Taylor Made cabins.

Yes, am getting serious about that group rental house...

We could just have the Hooligans come there. Most of them have great layouts and hot tubs.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Parking may be an issue, but I think all of the times I've been up I talked more than I shot. My oldest son actually asked me on the way home one time why we didn't shoot that much :lol2:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    1. I have stayed at Savage River Lodge. It's a great place to take the wife for a "Quite" weekend. I wouldn't recommend it for this bunch.
    2. Although they are pet friendly.

So you're tryin' to tell two things here:
    1. If they let us in, they'll be kickin' our asses out before we hit the sheets.
    2. They'd let mopar in so as long he was leashed and paper trained.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Yes, am getting serious about that group rental house...

We could just have the Hooligans come there. Most of them have great layouts and hot tubs.

Yreah, but the only potential drawback I see with having the meetup at the house is the food preparations for so many; that can be allotta work for a weekend that is meant for shootin' guns 'n funs.

Parking may be an issue, but I think all of the times I've been up I talked more than I shot. My oldest son actually asked me on the way home one time why we didn't shoot that much :lol2:

You DID shoot a lot, you shot the shit.:D

Ask Shotgun Joe about that one.:lol2:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Yreah, but the only potential drawback I see with having the meetup at the house is the food preparations for so many; that can be allotta work for a weekend that is meant for shootin' guns 'n funs.

You DID shoot a lot, you shot the shit.:D

Ask Shotgun Joe about that one.:lol2:

A grill should do us fine. :). Besides one of us likes to cook.

A few fixins and we'll be just right.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012

That's what the women folk are for..... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom