• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I go to Rocky Gap park a few times a year to use the camp grounds with my family. Me and my brother-in-law were looking for a place close by to do some shooting while we are up there. Can someone give me a recommendation for a range near there? Or even someone with some land I can slip a couple bucks to let us shoot for an afternoon?

Thanks in advance!

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    The Savage River range is usually where we Hooligans shoot. It's maybe a 45 minute drive from Rocky gap. We'd be glad to meet you if you plan to go some early Sunday morning.

There are likely other places closer to Rock Gap I'm unaware of. Mooseman lives closer to Rocky Gap. No doubt he'll chime in.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Fort Hill is a private range. Green Ridge is a public DNR range, and is probably closer to Rocky Gap. But you have to shoot rifles through a ghey corrigated plastic tube.

No one I've seen has ever done that however......you are correct that's the Correct way.

To add to his comment just make sure you go to the DNR station 10 mins away and drop your 5 bucks in the tube so you don't get caught not paying.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Thanks for the tips... Not sure when I will be up next, but it's looking like the end of the month.

J8064- I'll definitely see if you guys are around next time we're up there. Thanks.

Green ridge sounds like a good option also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom