• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Well I guess they are finally getting honest with themselves and the rest of the world. An editorial member at the WaPo is looking to eliminate guns from American Society.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...a29040-69c4-11e5-9ef3-fde182507eac_story.html

So when people start the rhetoric that we are all "gun nuts" and that no one is trying to take our guns, can we refer to this piece as proof that some are?

I guess I fundamentally don't understand how the SCOTUS "misinterpreted" the constitution. The stupid here it hurts.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The editorial is from one of their senior editors at the Post, Fred Hiatt, and the editor of the editorial page. At least he is showing an explicit bias in his stance so we know where the Post stands in an honest discussion.

1) so how would such a ban encourage criminals with illegally held guns to turn in their firearms? Don't these become even more valuable to them? Doesn't it give them even greater power when those who obey laws might have turned theirs in?

2) he should also kiss the 4th amendment goodbye. 300 million or more privately held guns in the US will be much harder to find that 11 million or more illegal immigrants. It will require systematic searches of private households. Don't expect the 4th to return once it's ceded, but if he feels safer under a fascist government rather than a free society, then he doesn't care about Constitutional protections and thinks that governments aren't capable of harming individuals.

3) was he born a sheep or is this something that he learned to be over the years?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Fred Hiatt also inhabits a Fact Free World.

He says Australia banned guns with a buyback. Yes they did, but gun sales have continued in Australia since then and firearm numbers have climbed back to where they were.

Fred Hiatt also says the US Supreme Court "misread" the 2nd Amendment in recent decisions. Fact: the USSC ruled according to its charter and no misreading occurred.

Fred Hiatt was a newspaper reporter in Virginia in 1982 when I was his cross-town competitor. Very shortly after that he came to the Washington Post Mothership in DC and has been a Big City Government Liberal ever since. He has lived and worked in the worst kind of elitist media/political bubble for 35 years.

What do you expect from someone who has been brain-damaged like that?

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    What a pile of crap. What the hell is this gun show 'loop hole' that everyone is talking about. Seems like libs are the only ones that know one exists?!?!

People tend to forget one of the primary purposes of the 2nd Amendment is to defend against GOVERNMENT TYRANNY.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Fred Hiatt also inhabits a Fact Free World.

He says Australia banned guns with a buyback. Yes they did, but gun sales have continued in Australia since then and firearm numbers have climbed back to where they were.

Fred Hiatt also says the US Supreme Court "misread" the 2nd Amendment in recent decisions. Fact: the USSC ruled according to its charter and no misreading occurred.

Fred Hiatt was a newspaper reporter in Virginia in 1982 when I was his cross-town competitor. Very shortly after that he came to the Washington Post Mothership in DC and has been a Big City Government Liberal ever since. He has lived and worked in the worst kind of elitist media/political bubble for 35 years.

What do you expect from someone who has been brain-damaged like that?

At least the fact-checker article ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-gun-laws-tend-to-have-the-fewest-gun-deaths/

is running in the top 5 most read today at the Post, and Hiatt's fascist utopia piece is nowhere to be seen. Still, as the OP pointed out, it reveals the ingrained bias of those that run things at the Post.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Didn't we try to prohibit something back in the 1920s? How did that work out? If you drive the manufacturers out of business, you create a thriving cottage industry and a criminal enterprise that is ruthless in trying to control it.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Myth. Show it to me in the constitution!

:innocent0

You obviously do not understand the meaning of militia or know that they were state entities, not federal. Also the Bill of Rights was specifically about limitations on the power of the federal government.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Attention whores need attention.......

Which is why I'm not clicking that link.

Seriously... you guys do realize, right, that the whole point of that business is to get your attention? They don't care how angry you are and neither does anyone who buys advertising there.

Lately, I'm trying to avoid things that I know will make me angry and not even teach me anything useful.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Guns are easy to make from scratch.

Especially submachine guns.

There is absolutely no way to eliminate guns.

If Alien Space Bats magically made every gun on earth just disappear in a puff of unicorn fart (including military and police guns), then newly made guns would start appearing within twelve hours.

82.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    You obviously do not understand the meaning of militia or know that they were state entities, not federal. Also the Bill of Rights was specifically about limitations on the power of the federal government.

He was being facetious. Even if you're not familiar with his postings (and knowledge of 2A matters), he left the little doodad after his post as a clue.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    If I missed this somewhere I am sorry, Mexico a shining example of a gun free society working real well

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom