• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I got an e-mail response saying I'm "Not Disapproved" and can begin purchasing as a collector. Letters will be sent out as time allows.

MD=What 2nd Amendment?

S&W Fanboy. I admit it.
    Jun 3, 2011
    Allegany County
    Alright here we go....

Guys and girls (including me). Please cut Cpl. Cusimano some slack here. He has been without a computer for 3 weeks. He is back up and running now but he needs a little time and patience to get caught back up. I just received an email from him today:

"The collector applications are received for the entire month then processed during the first two week of the following month. Which means your application will be processed in July. I unfortunately, have been without a computer for the last 3 weeks so I am playing catch up. I will be finishing May applications this week and will begin to log June applications as soon as I finish May. Check back with me on Friday, If all goes well I will have you logged in. If that works out, when I get your email I will review your application so you can pick up the other firearm."

I don't envy this mans position at all. He is working up against a state deadline, alone and unfunded. If you blame someone blame the state for understaffing/non-funding. This is one of the few people that are on our side at Licensing. IG complaints are just gonna cause him to be taken away from his duties and set him further behind.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Alright here we go....

Guys and girls (including me). Please cut Cpl. Cusimano some slack here. He has been without a computer for 3 weeks. He is back up and running now but he needs a little time and patience to get caught back up. I just received an email from him today:

"The collector applications are received for the entire month then processed during the first two week of the following month. Which means your application will be processed in July. I unfortunately, have been without a computer for the last 3 weeks so I am playing catch up. I will be finishing May applications this week and will begin to log June applications as soon as I finish May. Check back with me on Friday, If all goes well I will have you logged in. If that works out, when I get your email I will review your application so you can pick up the other firearm."

I don't envy this mans position at all. He is working up against a state deadline, alone and unfunded. If you blame someone blame the state for understaffing. This is one of the few people that are on our side at Licensing. IG complaints are just gonna cause him to be taken away from his duties and set him further behind.

I respectfully disagree to an extent.

The MSP has failed Cpl. Cusimano and the public at large, by not following the law themselves. The good Corporal is a doing the best job has can, I'm sure. The system has failed him due to disregarding the law, unfunded or not, the law is the law.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Alright here we go....

I don't envy this mans position at all. He is working up against a state deadline, alone and unfunded. If you blame someone blame the state for understaffing/non-funding. This is one of the few people that are on our side at Licensing. IG complaints are just gonna cause him to be taken away from his duties and set him further behind.

I have no issues with the Corporal at all. It seemed that March to June was a longer than normal wait time, so i wanted to make sure that there was no problem. Cpl. Cusimano responded quickly to all my emails, and I certainly understand his predicament. He seems to be an excellent Trooper and does a great job of processing our applications with the resources that the State allows him.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    I mailed mine, but only because I didn't have access to a fax machine. Faxing is definitely easier, but I don't think it speeds up the process other than the couple of mailing days that you cut out.

doc64

C&R Collector
    Sep 29, 2010
    Raspeburg MD
    Cpl. Cusimano is doing a great job with what he has to work with.
    he has always replied within 24hrs of my emails.
    i am still waiting on the hard copy in the mail but i do have an email at i am good to go.
    not only does he have to do this job, but be a normal cop too.
    i can just imagine to crappy emails and phone calls he gets daily from some crackpots.
    i would not want his job

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    With out a computer for three weeks? Are you kidding me? Are you telling me that there is not another computer in the his building available?

Sounds like some one just doesn't want to do there job!

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    With out a computer for three weeks? Are you kidding me? Are you telling me that there is not another computer in the his building available?

Sounds like some one just doesn't want to do there job!

Speaking as a federal government employee...having a broken computer for three weeks while waiting for someone to get around to fixing it is not at all unheard of. There are indeed other computers, but they do not have your files on them, and other people need to use them for their jobs.

Even with his broken computer, he is still answering emails and processing paperwork at a reduced pace. He also said that he had been re-tasked to higher priority issues due to man-power shortages.

The man seems to be doing a stand up job and is very professional, so I say we give him a break.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    CPC is entirely correct about the computer repair timeframe issue. I've also seen new employees go weeks without computers even though there was ample notice of their start date.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    CPC is entirely correct about the computer repair timeframe issue. I've also seen new employees go weeks without computers even though there was ample notice of their start date.

So it's okay for the MSP to have total disregard for the law?

See post 84 for the COMAR code.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    So it's okay for the MSP to have total disregard for the law?

Not at all, but its not the Cpl's fault that he has computer issues or that the MSP is understaffed, so he doesn't deserve to be blamed.

The MSP should definitely be held accountable for not following the laws.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Not at all, but its not the Cpl's fault that he has computer issues or that the MSP is understaffed, so he doesn't deserve to be blamed.

The MSP should definitely be held accountable for not following the laws.

Or the Maryland legislature should be held accountable for underfunding the operation and creating stupid laws.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    What!?! Expect politicians to perform the jobs they were elected to do with intelligence and responsibility? Madness! Unacceptable. :sarcasm:

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    TA-DA!!!!

Cusimano emailed me this morning in response to an email query I sent him yesterday.

"Your application was Not Disapproved, you may begin to purchase as a collector. Letters will be mailed as soon as time allows."

EDIT:

If I look back two pages in this thread I posted on MAY 20 that I had recieved acknowledgement of my applicaton...almost exactly 30 days turnaround time including 3 weeks without a computer. I still say Cpl Cusimano is a Pro.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    TA-DA!!!!

Cusimano emailed me this morning in response to an email query I sent him yesterday.

"Your application was Not Disapproved, you may begin to purchase as a collector. Letters will be mailed as soon as time allows."

EDIT:

If I look back two pages in this thread I posted on MAY 20 that I had recieved acknowledgement of my applicaton...almost exactly 30 days turnaround time including 3 weeks without a computer. I still say Cpl Cusimano is a Pro.

I was pleased to receive the same E-mail this morning. Cpl Cusimano was both attentive and professional through the application process. I have no complaints with him; however, Annapolis is another story. LOL.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Seems like some things never change. This is the email I sent to Cpl Cusimano today; MSP is not following their own laws. Their troopers may be fine people but does that excuse the disregard for the law on a institutional basis?

Cpl. Cusimano;

I mailed my Maryland Regulated Firearm Collector Application and Affidavit to the MSP at the end of April. As of today I have not received any information regarding it's status. I understand there may be workload and manpower issues with the MSP, but according to Comar 29.03.01.04 the response time is set by law as follows;

H. An individual who desires to be designated as a collector shall have the application notarized and submit the application by first class mail to the Secretary requesting this designation.
    I. If the individual is not prohibited by federal or State law from purchasing or possessing a regulated firearm, the notarized application shall be sufficient for a designation as a collector.
    J. If the individual is designated by the Secretary to be a collector, the Secretary shall notify the individual in writing within 14 days of receiving the individual's request.

I'm concerned regarding the transportation of my collection within Maryland without a Designated Collector's Status.

Please advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom