• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    A few minutes ago, as i'm working from my home office in LRV, I saw 3 county cops and a cruiser parked in the alley behind my house. One was bent over picking up a handgun. Went outside to ask what was going on, apparently some kids ran through the neighbors yard and one had a pistol. Cops didn't offer any further advice, just packed up and left.
    2 minutes later saw a K-9 officer and dog walking through neighbors yard by Aberdeen RD.

Wish I had been looking outside to see something. Now I'm thinking I should leave the damn blinds closed.

Keep safe out there!

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Parkville *POLICE ACTIVITY* 1800 blk Loch Shiel Rd. Units on scene subjects with a weapon. 2 suspects. Both in custody. More info as it becomes available. BCoBN00

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Facebook. There is a page called Baltimore county breaking news. They post every major incident within seconds and have 80,000 followers who will post updates on everything.

Rebelwon

Jul 10, 2013
    Woodstock, MD (HoCo)
    I moved out of the neighborhood 18 years ago after the apartments on Loch Raven Blvd. became Section 8 eligible housing. Took a bath on the sale of my house as a result. Unfortunately, what was a great neighborhood is just too close to Baltimore City, and too convenient to mass transit and the crime they bring.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I moved out of the neighborhood 18 years ago after the apartments on Loch Raven Blvd. became Section 8 eligible housing. Took a bath on the sale of my house as a result. Unfortunately, what was a great neighborhood is just too close to Baltimore City, and too convenient to mass transit and the crime they bring.

You're not joking. Loch raven is a pos practically all the way from 695 right on down....

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    My inlaws live on Aberdeen. They seem to know everyone on the street.

That is the thing, this community still has a lot of good people in it who grew up here and still know "'everyone" in the neighborhood. Unfortunately it only takes a few bad apples and now we have entire orchards not too far away, and they are falling and rolling everywhere....:mad54:

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    I am at LRB & Joppa and yes all of Parkville and Towson is rapidly declining. I have told councilman David Marks that I am sick to my stomach with what has happened to the place I was born and raised and we are currently looking to leave ASAP.

section 8 all over.... loch raven village, ridgely, ridgely manor, oaks, everywhere. the pleasant plains 7/11 (clerk shot 2 months ago) and royal farms are now targets for pan handling by MTA riders. SNAP signs everywhere you look. its disgusting.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    You're not joking. Loch raven is a pos practically all the way from 695 right on down....

yes and every restaurant, walmart, target, from east Joppa to towson town is packed full of animals that DO NOT BELONG there. towsontown is the new mondawmin.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    That is the thing, this community still has a lot of good people in it who grew up here and still know "'everyone" in the neighborhood. Unfortunately it only takes a few bad apples and now we have entire orchards not too far away, and they are falling and rolling everywhere....:mad54:

The make up of there block seems to be either retired older folks who have lived there forever, and young families. The main thing that gets him is the parking. He had one of the old women up the street hit his challenger. He still holds a grudge about that.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I'm not too far from you guys at Taylor and Harford. The police helicopters, both county and city, are always hovering over my house. The whole area has really taken a nose dive the past few years.

David Marks is a great guy. If only every politician were like him.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I'm not too far from you guys at Taylor and Harford. The police helicopters, both county and city, are always hovering over my house. The whole area has really taken a nose dive the past few years.

David Marks is a great guy. If only every politician were like him.

Same here with the choppers. I'm near Taylor and belair. My wife can't wait to move:sad20:

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    All of the areas mentioned used to signify suburbia to me growing up.....along with Fullerton, Overlea, Hamilton.....Hillendale....used to date a girl who lived off LRB below Northern Parkway....was a fairly decent neighborhood back in 89....

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I lived on Quentin ave right next to swanners machine shop just off of Joppa rd. The area flipped badly while I was in high school at Loch Raven. They started bussing the assholes in to loch raven and from what I heard it got way worse after I was out of school. We didn't have too many issues on our street because it was sort of cut off from the rest of the area by the beltway on one side and Oakleigh rd on the other side. Its a shame because it was a nice area. Just another one of the many reason I ended up in Pa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom