• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Looking at the one partially "failed" projectile where most of the petals stayed attatched, that might have been the original design goal. Similar to the HST's mechanism of expanding to points instead of a round "mushroom" to increase diameter and penetration by allowing some material to pass between the expanded petals. Provided it penetrated well, it would have probably given a decent crush/tear cavity, although would have been fragile being the petals are very thin. THey might have had enough money in the design trying to keep it together for a good "traditional" expanding petal mechanism, but failed when the delicate petals kept breaking off, figured they had to much in it to redesign or turn back, and decided to market what they had.

rip ammo.jpg

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    ^^^looking at the ballistics test vids still seems like too much per results, for home defense, why not get Bonded Jacketed Hollow points, Like Win XPD-1 at around just over $20 for a pack.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Not only one of the best product reviews for ammo I've seen in a while, but just flat out one of the best terminal ballistic explanation videos I've seen in a while. STB is putting out some good stuff.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Basically the same bullet the Secret Service uses in their Sigs but the bullet works a whole lot different at 357 Sig velocities. Could have a slightly different contruction. I have shot the 124g GD 357 Sig round for years and the bullets have changed based on the look at the tip of the bullet. I have seen at least 3 versions of the petals with different looks as to width. At least the 357 Sig version is very accurate and I have used them in competition in both Sigs and HKs. In 9mm I use a different round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom