• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

May 19, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    ***NOTICE: I saw this on Craigslist today. Just thought I would post it here for whom ever posted it. Again it is not mine so don't bother asking questions about it. If you need to contact the OP, click on the link to email him/her.***

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/wan/4275602144.html

REWARD - Lost gun - $1000 (Maryland line)

"My grandfather was in Germany during WWII and brought home a German pistol - a Browning High power (Herstal). Some time in the 1970's, it was sold out of the family, and I'm looking to get it back. Police tell me that it does show up as being registered to a Maryland resident."

Here are the details from the certificate that went with it: 1 Pistol 9MM Serial No. 8809 Herstal.

I will pay the market value for the gun, along with the $1,000.00 reward for its return.

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Last edited:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I've seen this before, end of last summer (same ad, same situation). Sounded as if another family member sold it.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    From the ad:
    "My grandfather was in Germany during WWII and brought home a German pistol - a Browning High power (Herstal). Some time in the 1970's, it was sold out of the family, and I'm looking to get it back. Police tell me that it does show up as being registered to a Maryland resident.

Here are the details from the certificate that went with it: 1 Pistol 9MM Serial No. 8809 Herstal."

What kind of certificate is he likely referring to, the bring-back papers? (don't know the proper terminology, sorry....)

May 19, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    In today's Army you must have a memorandum that states you are allowed to bring back the item (war trophy). I even had to have a memorandum for a Gerber spring assisted knife that my unit issued me.

Last edited:

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    If it was sold in the 70's then the person that bought it must be at least 55 years old. Lets say that peson was alot older now. Say 80 or 100?
    Just think....he could have passed by now and ...... someone in the family could have taken it to a "gun buy back".

Good chance its gone for good.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I feel his pain. My Grandfather told me that the only thing he got back was his 1911 because they dumped everything overboard halfway through the trip back from Iwo. The family rumor is one of the Aunt's found it when he moved to an Apt and TOSSED IT IN THE TRASH. When i find out who the mortadella who did it was....

This shit KEEPS ME UP AT NIGHT.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    So.....how do the police show it being registered to a MD resident if it was sold in the seventies and they don't keep records?

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I lucked out. Dad left all his guns to me, save one. Not a high end collection but interesting none the less. Included was his father's WWI Springfield bolo (knife) and my uncle's WWII Ka Bar. I feel very fortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom