• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I lived on Quentin ave right next to swanners machine shop just off of Joppa rd. The area flipped badly while I was in high school at Loch Raven. They started bussing the assholes in to loch raven and from what I heard it got way worse after I was out of school. We didn't have too many issues on our street because it was sort of cut off from the rest of the area by the beltway on one side and Oakleigh rd on the other side. Its a shame because it was a nice area. Just another one of the many reason I ended up in Pa.

I work right down the street from you. I go to swanners at least once a month. It's unbelievable where this neighborhood is heading. I'm not old enough to remember how it used to be, but coworkers have told me.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Im not talking that long ago. I was in High school 98-02. Lived in that house until I was 21 when I moved out in 05. Parents lived there for a few years afterward. I was there a lot to BS with Scott and Les but its been a while since I have stopped by.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Lol, we must be the same age. I graduated in 02. I grew up mostly in belair. Moved down to Rosedale later, but I've worked in parkville for the last 3 years. It's impossible to go to swanners and turn around and leave. You always end up BSing with the guys for at least a half hour, lol.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Im not talking that long ago. I was in High school 98-02. Lived in that house until I was 21 when I moved out in 05. Parents lived there for a few years afterward. I was there a lot to BS with Scott and Les but its been a while since I have stopped by.

loch raven class of 98:beer:

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Really sucks. Especially since I've only been there two years. At least I got in when the market was rock bottom.
    I know a few of the folks on Aberdeen as I'm nearby.

Griffin6399

Mar 9, 2013
    Moved in almost 4 years ago...

My wife and I moved into the neighborhood almost four years ago. Never had a problem, but seems to becoming more prominent. Always see or hear the helicopter up flying. We are on Cottage and once the weather warms up, I am sure the solicitors will be back at it in the neighborhood as well. It is a shame because overall it is a pleasant place to live.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Why is this new?

Any place that close to the city or any places that starts with 212 is going to be a cess pool sooner then later.

We have friends who live on Aberdeen. Not really sure why they bought their house other then they didn't think far enough ahead. They haven't been there but 5 years.

The city is spewing over and it's only a matter of time before the crime and ignorance spreads all over.

Have to go 20+ miles away from any 212 zip code to have a chance in MD.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I lived in Northbrook from 1961-1993 and it was getting iffy before we left. When I was a little kid there it was a great area. Not anymore.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    jeezzz... I grew up in Hillendale. My Dad sold the house I grew up in and moved to the other side of Loch Raven when his Dad came to live with him back in the 80's.
    I still come out there to see my dad and drive through the old neighborhood. I don't miss it at all. I have no desire to move back to Baltimore County at all. I hate the place.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    here we go, good job boys!
    http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Ne...kethreearrestsinDecember711robberyandshooting

all from the CITY I might add....:mad54::mad54::mad54: my hatred is justified.

hmmmm city scumbags...would have never guessed he says sarcastically...

lived in Hillendale back in the mid 80's just as it started changing.

Now live in Villa Cresta...which is also changing. My wife teaches at Pleasant Plains...once one of the best elementary schools in the county....but sadly it's been rapidly going down hill........

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Grew up in the oaks, on yakona down by oakleigh.... loch raven class of 85..... the oaks were great back then, now I am disgusted.. damn

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    LR class of 79. Loch Raven village 61-82. Loch Raven heights 83-90. Villa Cresta 90-98. Not there now, thank goodness. It's a shame.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Kids with guns
    Kids with guns
    They're takin over
    It won't be long
    They mesmerize
    Skeletons
    Kids with guns
    Kids with guns