• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Well, I decided to get myself a proper home defense weapon: simple to use, reliable, effective, and disposable.

Mossberg500.jpg

In fact, I was defending my home while taking this picture (I've always prided myself on being a good multi-tasker). And...please note that there are feet in the photo - artistically placed I might add.

What I chose is a Mossberg 500 Persuader: 12 gauge, synthetic full stock (pistol grip also included), parkerized finish, 20 inch barrel, 8 shot capacity, excellent price. No flash light, no bayonet, no cup holder. Less is more.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    !!!!!NO BAYONET!!!!!!! Crap my 10-22 has a bayonet. I have one of those. It eventually grew a folding stock, a picatinny rail and a quadrail for the light and bayonet.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    :thumbsup:

I've got the very same animal looking at me as I type this. Bought it back in 2001 and don't have any regrets.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    They must of been sold out of Remmy's?

I know you want to keep it simple...but a light should really be added to any HD weapon let alone a long gun.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    They must of been sold out of Remmy's?

I know you want to keep it simple...but a light should really be added to any HD weapon let alone a long gun.

I may eventually add a light to it but in my place, due to outside lights in the courtyard, it's never actually pitch dark. I can see pretty well at night. Plus, isn't the muzzle flash the only light the intruder needs to see?

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Well, I live in a fairly small place that shares walls with neighbors. The longest shot would be about 40 feet. Been doing some research and it seems that many people think that #4 buckshot is the way to go.

Opinions?

No.4 will work.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I may eventually add a light to it but in my place, due to outside lights in the courtyard, it's never actually pitch dark. I can see pretty well at night. Plus, isn't the muzzle flash the only light the intruder needs to see?

It's not for them to see.

There are ups and downs it backlights you for starters.

But it allows to see the target, what they might be holding, identify other "persons of danger", and will also allow you to see BEYOND the "bad guy" which is a benefit.

I doubt any of us here are clearing houses/rooms with our HD weapons but if you do happen to start "go searching" it's really needed.

Just my thoughts. All my HD weapons have lights.....it's better to have one and not need it then vice versa I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom