• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    The sad fact is Omalley wins either way.
    Don't get an HQL: Less guns sold in Maryland
    Get an HQL: The State gets the money and has made you jump through extra hoops, like a good little comrade.[/QUOTE]

yes sir..

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Seriously thinking about taking the plunge on this now. It's pretty clear it's not going away anytime soon, and I'm not getting out of MD soon either.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Though it actually allows me to defend myself in many places, I had to do more to get my Utah CFP. It's an equal infringement -- Keep and Bear

Fee? $1 more than MD's HQL fee of $50.
    PII? Utah knows everything about me.
    Fingerprints? Utah has them now.
    Training? Needed a 4-hour class at my cost.
    (I don't need that last one, but that cost is needed for fingerprints here.)

Therefor, I'm seriously considering going back on my hardline stance against the HQL.
    My handguns are too big to comfortably carry. A G34 in a DeSantis IWB plus a 50L backpack equals constant adjusting...

G26 looks pretty awesome now...

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    Me neither. Although I want some guns that require me to have an HQL. Damn these politicians!

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    No HQL for me.

I knew I was going to become a Comrade in Marylandistan when I moved to Maryland. We could not afford a house with huntable land in a real state like Virigina. We had to stay in the DC region so Maryland was it.

Knowing I was going into commie land soon, while I was still a VA resident and still had freedom, I bought every damn gun I ever thought I might consider wanting. During that period I filled out so many ATF multiple handgun purchase forms my hand cramped. My way of saying FU to the Baltimore communists and their little leprechaun leader.

So no HQL for me. No need. It is just offensive. Won't do it. The violent feral felon offspring of 300 pound Section 8 welfare queen Obama voters in Baltimore don't get an HQL so why should I?

God this state deeply sucks! I am very very much looking forward to the Reset Button being pressed so we can clean house and start over.

(Sorry for the negative spew, it builds up sometimes!)

Chris

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    As of today my HQL is showing as Active in the system.

GL, I understand your point of view and even agree with it. Unfortunately I still have guns I want to buy, so I either had to move out of state, or submit to the HQL.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Well, I lasted a little over a year before my desire to buy another handgun overcame revulsion to the HQL requirement. Got fingerprints last friday afternoon, submitted online application that evening, noted as "ACTIVE" today, one week later.

Attachments

• hql.jpg
      hql.jpg
      21.8 KB · Views: 109

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    The sad fact is Omalley wins either way.
    Don't get an HQL: Less guns sold in Maryland
    Get an HQL: The State gets the money and has made you jump through extra hoops, like a good little comrade.[/QUOTE]

yes sir..

Dude, I get what you're saying. So if you don't get the HQL, you're a good little NEUTERED comrade. The state is gonna get their money any way they can, hell they're taxing the f***ing rain.

Did you protest and not cave in when the safety video was required to purchase a handgun?

Did you protest and not cave in when the state required you be a "Designated Collector" to buy 2 regulated guns within 30 days?

Did you protest and not cave in when the state outlawed face to face sale of regulated guns?

Did you protest and not cave in when the "on-board" locking device law was passed?

Did you protest and not cave in when the fired shell casing law was passed?

Did you protest and not cave in when the handgun roster limited the guns you could buy?

Hell no. You kept on keeping on. You adapted and CAVED SO YOU COULD KEEP BUYING GUNS YOU WANTED!! Holy crap! This stuff ain't new; it's just the newest.

I believe it is an infringement of the ability to exercise a Constitutionally-protected right. I agree. I get it. I believe it should and will be overturned at some point. At that time, I'll take the HQL and burn it. Until then....

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Dude, I get what you're saying. So if you don't get the HQL, you're a good little NEUTERED comrade. The state is gonna get their money any way they can, hell they're taxing the f***ing rain.

Did you protest and not cave in when the safety video was required to purchase a handgun?

Did you protest and not cave in when the state required you be a "Designated Collector" to buy 2 regulated guns within 30 days?

Did you protest and not cave in when the state outlawed face to face sale of regulated guns?

Did you protest and not cave in when the "on-board" locking device law was passed?

Did you protest and not cave in when the fired shell casing law was passed?

Did you protest and not cave in when the handgun roster limited the guns you could buy?

Hell no. You kept on keeping on. You adapted and CAVED SO YOU COULD KEEP BUYING GUNS YOU WANTED!! Holy crap! This stuff ain't new; it's just the newest.

I believe it is an infringement of the ability to exercise a Constitutionally-protected right. I agree. I get it. I believe it should and will be overturned at some point. At that time, I'll take the HQL and burn it. Until then....

:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom