• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I still won't cave. I will default on our house just so the taxes (income) are lost to this state too

They take your unpaid taxes out of the next owner as part of the purchase price. The state loses nothing.

fd0816

Oct 26, 2012
    Howard County
    I made it a year so far without caving in, and yes it is caving in to a new law. Im sure at some point I'll cave in, but I have not done so yet.

You can toot whatever horn you want, save a LGS, send the State a message, don't let yourself be impressed, the fact of the matter is that even if every able citizen in this State got a HQL, nothing in this State will change when it comes to HQL's.

You're probably right it won't change a d@!# thing but you might as well make the best of it. I'm gonna keep buying pistols n other things because I still can.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    You're probably right it won't change a d@!# thing but you might as well make the best of it. I'm gonna keep buying pistols n other things because I still can.
    QFT. I'm still waiting on mine. The link to the checklist is gone, but the status is still pending so I can only assume that they have finally made the proper checks, but it's still not completely through their system. At least it's good for 10 years once I have it.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I have not applied for an HQL. I am focusing my time and money on my plan to flee to America. Plus, I don't want to give the f'ing state government any more fees then necessary.

Rob

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I have not, because I am real close to getting out of this state. If I had to stay in this state a few more years, I would definitely get it. I think you are helping the commies by NOT getting it. As others have said, that is why they passed it.:sad20:

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    I have not, because I am real close to getting out of this state. If I had to stay in this state a few more years, I would definitely get it. I think you are helping the commies by NOT getting it. As others have said, that is why they passed it.:sad20:

i plan the same to depart out of this state all has failed if Hogan doesn't win Nov. 4th why waste the money and effort just to buy a class of handguns when we know for damn sure anthony brown winning governor prepare for more infringements :D

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    You do NOT need the HQL for replacing the firearm or getting it repaired. PM me and we can talk, but you will not need an HQL for the Taurus.

Just sent a Glock back that Glock had to replace the frame. MSP says the guy needs a HQL to get it back... new frame - new serial

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Still don't have a HQL. There is nothing out there I want or need in the way of a handgun. I have been focusing on get all my projects done and up grading my guns.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Just sent a Glock back that Glock had to replace the frame. MSP says the guy needs a HQL to get it back... new frame - new serial

I was under the understanding that repair work even a new receiver with a new serial # would be grandfathered in since it was legally owned before 10/1. You may want to get someone to check further in to that. That was one part of SB281 that was "interpreted" incorrectly by MSP. Much like the whole AR lower situation.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I still won't cave. I will default on our house just so the taxes (income) are lost to this state too

I don't understand this mentality. You borrowed money from someone else. NOT THE STATE. Defaulting on the loan only hurts the people YOU BORROWED THE MONEY FROM. If you give your word, KEEP your word. It shows your character. Or lack of character.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I'm sure this has been said many times before but I look at it this way... the government already knows who I am, what I do, and where I live. The information is out there and they don't have to work hard to get it. I refuse to let them win by limiting what I can buy, they've already banned things that I want so I will just buy things I want that they haven't banned yet. There is always something out there that would be "nice to have". The HQL is just another tactic to limit guns in the good guys hands. Did I like getting my HQL? No I didn't.. but to me it's a big "eff you" to the MD lawmakers because it means their plan failed at least with me. I will continue to support local brick and mortar shops because I appreciate small business and most have gone above and beyond to support me with my addiction.. I mean hobby lol.

No you guys DID NOT cave. You decided to support the 2nd Amendment rights movement in this state by supporting the very people who make it possible to buy ANY firearm in this state...the local FFLs. Congrats and stand tall, not ashamed and cowering. Those who don't "cave" are doing more harm than good. Just like those "abandoning ship" and leaving the state; increasing the burden on those staying. Fewer people to carry an ever-increasing load.

EXACTLY!!! And congrats to you!!!:party29:
    I respect your decisions to get the HQL, but it seems you two do not respect the decision of those who choose to not get the HQL.

Maybe I'm reading into your posts. I hope.

There is NO right or wrong answer in the HQL debate.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    No you guys DID NOT cave. You decided to support the 2nd Amendment rights movement in this state by supporting the very people who make it possible to buy ANY firearm in this state...the local FFLs. Congrats and stand tall, not ashamed and cowering. Those who don't "cave" are doing more harm than good. Just like those "abandoning ship" and leaving the state; increasing the burden on those staying. Fewer people to carry an ever-increasing load.

EXACTLY!!! And congrats to you!!!:party29:

What a load of crap. My 2A rights are God given rights first and foremost my right to self defense. They didn't come from some dealer that can't adapt his business plan and they sure as sheit don't come from some delegate. The only 2A rights movement in this state is the movement away from it.And every HGL issued is another step in that direction. People are so concerned about licking up the scraps that Annapolis feed them that they forget the freedoms they lost.

Furthermore if someone is trying to leave the state, good for them. That's the right of every freeman.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I don't understand this mentality. You borrowed money from someone else. NOT THE STATE. Defaulting on the loan only hurts the people YOU BORROWED THE MONEY FROM. If you give your word, KEEP your word. It shows your character. Or lack of character.

read the context it was written in . if the require a HQL in order to buy ammo (don't think it will happen) I still won't get a HQL. then I would abandon my house here in MD

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I respect your decisions to get the HQL, but it seems you two do not respect the decision of those who choose to not get the HQL.

Maybe I'm reading into your posts. I hope.

There is NO right or wrong answer in the HQL debate.

The sad fact is Omalley wins either way.
    Don't get an HQL: Less guns sold in Maryland
    Get an HQL: The State gets the money and has made you jump through extra hoops, like a good little comrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom