• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    no pun intended but hql is for habitual(handgun)purchasersHHP :D haha i finally came to my senses and will not feed in.regardless if that put AK pistol variants on the handgun roster..buy stripped lowers buy a 100 or 200 of 'em.there's your pistol :D hah

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    I caved!!! It was approved and active 8/26 yet still no card and I have a 1911 I that should be clear for pickup on Fri. Kinda getting irritating.

chslax10

Feb 27, 2013
    I also caved. Was at 2a and say a couple things I had to have. Bought them and went home to do the license application.

BBossman1

Mar 11, 2009
    Kensington
    I decided against obtaining an HQL until they roll the Bill of Rights into a package deal so I don't have to reapply for each one.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Fingerprinted Yesterday, submitted the form today. I used my Hunter safety as my training exemption. This was not 100% strait forward on the site. It asks for the number but only gives you the option for the date. I added an attachment of the card to the application. Hopefully that is all they need.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    I have fallen. I applied for the HQL and I am in "Pending" status. I blame the AR and AK pistols. I also blame the XDs-9 that I missed before Oct 1st deadline and the new Glock 42. As someone else mentioned in this thread, if we refuse to get it, our HQL's our Industry Partners will continue to fall. Thus, for a $100, I have jumped back on the horse because figuratively I (or some of us) may need to make that modern day Paul Revere ride...

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    I finally caved. Submitted an application through Worth a Shot on Monday. Tuesday almost everything was checked off as completed. But since then, I have not been able to access the checklist. Has anyone had that happen? The application still says pending as of today, Friday.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I finally caved. Submitted an application through Worth a Shot on Monday. Tuesday almost everything was checked off as completed. But since then, I have not been able to access the checklist. Has anyone had that happen? The application still says pending as of today, Friday.

IIRC, when my checklist went away my HQL was approved and ready for mailing.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I wasn't going to get one, but I took the plunge last month after seeing too many handguns I wanted at the shows and in the IP's shops and the only ones I could buy were C&Rs.

fd0816

Oct 26, 2012
    Howard County
    I'm sure this has been said many times before but I look at it this way... the government already knows who I am, what I do, and where I live. The information is out there and they don't have to work hard to get it. I refuse to let them win by limiting what I can buy, they've already banned things that I want so I will just buy things I want that they haven't banned yet. There is always something out there that would be "nice to have". The HQL is just another tactic to limit guns in the good guys hands. Did I like getting my HQL? No I didn't.. but to me it's a big "eff you" to the MD lawmakers because it means their plan failed at least with me. I will continue to support local brick and mortar shops because I appreciate small business and most have gone above and beyond to support me with my addiction.. I mean hobby lol.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    I tried to log onto the MSP website to check my status. The screenshot below is what I get whether I am on Google Chrome or explorer. Anyone else get this?....sorry...dont think screenshot will attach. It reads "an error has occured" "DOTNETNUKE.COM"

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I caved!!!

I also caved.

I have fallen.

I finally caved.

No you guys DID NOT cave. You decided to support the 2nd Amendment rights movement in this state by supporting the very people who make it possible to buy ANY firearm in this state...the local FFLs. Congrats and stand tall, not ashamed and cowering. Those who don't "cave" are doing more harm than good. Just like those "abandoning ship" and leaving the state; increasing the burden on those staying. Fewer people to carry an ever-increasing load.

I refuse to let them win by limiting what I can buy, they've already banned things that I want so I will just buy things I want that they haven't banned yet. There is always something out there that would be "nice to have". The HQL is just another tactic to limit guns in the good guys hands. Did I like getting my HQL? No I didn't.. but to me it's a big "eff you" to the MD lawmakers because it means their plan failed at least with me. I will continue to support local brick and mortar shops because I appreciate small business and most have gone above and beyond to support me with my addiction.. I mean hobby lol.

EXACTLY!!! And congrats to you!!!:party29:

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I made it a year so far without caving in, and yes it is caving in to a new law. Im sure at some point I'll cave in, but I have not done so yet.

You can toot whatever horn you want, save a LGS, send the State a message, don't let yourself be impressed, the fact of the matter is that even if every able citizen in this State got a HQL, nothing in this State will change when it comes to HQL's.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I made it a year so far without caving in, and yes it is caving in to a new law. Im sure at some point I'll cave in, but I have not done so yet.

You can toot whatever horn you want, save a LGS, send the State a message, don't let yourself be impressed, the fact of the matter is that even if every able citizen in this State got a HQL, nothing in this State will change when it comes to HQL's.

And a lot more people with be "caving in" when its extended to purchase of centerfire ammo other than MD legal hunting shotgun shells next year

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    And a lot more people with be "caving in" when its extended to purchase of centerfire ammo other than MD legal hunting shotgun shells next year

Well then centerfire ammo will be like mags, leave the state for your shopping needs. I'll be up at Cabelas in Delaware with all the Bmore drug dealers getting my ammo.

But I could see that causing a lot more to cave in and get a HQL.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

I still won't cave. I will default on our house just so the taxes (income) are lost to this state too

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom