• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    It's because they live in Arizona and believe in personal responsibility. If you shoot someone there, it's your fault. You might even get the death sentence for it.

Shoot someone here in Maryland... and it's a problem of firearms availability, not an individual's poor decision. So it's the state's job to make sure it can't happen again!

I'm thrilled other states are moving towards more "liberal" carry laws, even if we aren't.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    We've been open carry since we became a state 102 years ago. Guns are literally everywhere all the time. Im surprised CC took so long. And now constitutional carry. Must be the most dangerous place in the world here.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Quite frankly, if someone is not carrying illegally in MD now, I don't think they'd jump through hoops to get a permit just to create mayhem later.

I believe the statistics here, should MD go shall issue or Constitutional carry , would mirror those in other states with respect to crimes committed by ccw permit holders i.e. very, very low to non-existent.

The crimes will continue to be committed by those who are illegally carrying now.

I would expect the statistics on use of ccw guns to be slightly higher until the criminal element realizes their prey are now well armed.

Until the perception held by the "gentile Froshes" meets the cold reality of Baltimore streets, we'll be on the outside looking in at states like AZ and VA - and many others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom