• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    Thanks guys - I wish I could have found some more build pictures. Instead I took a few pics of all my "long" guns.

I am still waiting on my AR-15 rail system from FAB DEFENSE. It should be coming soon though. I love the new red/green dot. But admittedly I think I need a little help sighting in the 3x magnifier from Primary Arms.

It looks like it is about my time to put up a couple KARMA things. I just need to get that forearm to see what it is that I am going to use and not use.

So if you are looking for FREE stuff. I'll be posting a KARMA thread on NEW YEARS, to hook someone up and pass along the good Karma that you all have given me.

EDIT - I am looking to get the barrel cut down and pinned on my Saiga 12, now that it is fully finished. So if anyone is reading this - hint hint to all the gunsmiths out there, hit me up and let me know what it would cost if I brought you the receiver, broken down and ready to pull the barrel out to cut down. I am a single Dad now with 2 girls, so no more wife with no life or hobbies, which allowed me to pick up a lot of the stuff I have :) I'll trade too. I have a killer Yamaha system up for sale on craigslist I would be willing to barter. If not that, I'm sure I have something you need, and I don't :) I'd like this gun to FINALLY be all it should. That bad boy deserves to be cut and pinned. Then I can finally loctite everything and burn through drum after drum...

The bottom two guns I actually traded for. I had a killer salt water tank that I cultivated coral out of and traded a guy from Kent Island for a bunch of coral for. :) Now they are my pride and joy. I never thought I would be into "long" guns or shotties, but after you guys posted all you killer stuff, I had to dial mine in. :P
    Totally grateful for how lucky I have been.

Attachments

• IMG_6357.jpg
      IMG_6357.jpg
      61.8 KB · Views: 202

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    Can anyone here help me out with somewhere I can backorder some .223 so I don't get shafted.

I just want to get some so I can dial in my AR and take my buddies kids/nephew out to Freestate again.

I don't have the time and google-foo like some of you do - so why re-invent the wheel.

Pm is cool

I also need to pick up whatever round they let you shoot at FreeState for my Shotty's since I haven't taken my Saiga out yet.

Thanks for your help!

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    I am looking to sell this. Although I heard that even though I am grandfathered into owning it, I can't sell it in the state of Maryland.

What do you guys suggest since I am looking to sell it?

Do you know what these area going for? I know I have ~ $2500 into it with all the high end Chaos parts and everything.

Thanks for your help and responding to the questions. I really not versed in this whole new legal thing in MD on these guns.

There were some more changed that I didn't update. Scott's Gunsmithing did the final go through on the gun and cut and pinned the barrel and Chaos break on the barrel to make it as short as possible. He also did QA and made sure it would shoot all types of rounds and ready to go.

I also have a Ruger P-101 with killer Rosewood grips and a H&K P7, as well as a S&W M&P 15 with some modifications as well, including a Vortex red dot and 3x scope, that I am looking to move on.

I have two young kids and these guns just don't get the love and attention they need, so it is time to pass them on.

Any suggestions would be great since I am not sure what to do with them. No hurry to sell, but I'll price them in a way that it will be worth picking up for the buyer.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    The folding stock makes it (now) illegal for sale in MD.

Not sure how that particular folding mech works, but you may be able to insert a block in there that would prevent it from being folded. Typically folders are blind-pinned or tack welded to get around US import laws and in states where they are banned. As long as it can't be folded, even if it WAS a folder, it's kosher.

Unfortunately since you cut the tang off, the only other option would be buy and install another stock that doesn't require a tang. That'd be the easier route and you could sell the folder separately.

But the national market is much larger; really no point in making it MD-friendly unless you had a local buyer lined up.

Frankly I doubt you'll get what you put into it right now. Everyone that wanted a S-12 bought one in the rush after the sanctions were announced. But search GunBroker for closed auctions; that's a good way to gauge the market for going prices.

Noroar1

Jul 20, 2013
    If you SBR this can you keep the folding stock? I'm looking to get something similar myself but how short should I keep the barrel if I go the SBR route?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'd suggest you put it on consignment at a Virginia or Pennsylvania gun shop. You won't have to modify it and I'm sure it will sell pretty quick for the right price. I'd call the shop you intend to do this at first and see if they can recommend a price on it. I've done the consignment thing at Sharpshooters in Lorton, VA. They're pretty good at telling you what you could get for it in this area.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I finally finished my Saiga 12 build and thought I would share it with you guys since I know you all can appreciate the time it takes to do one of these right.

Let me know what you think. I am still learning the photo software on my MAC, so I'm not sure how these pictures will turn out on here.

I just ordered my Xmas present to myself since I am finally in the middle of the divorce I should have gotten a couple years ago - lol
    Carolinashooters has the Chaos Warthog on the way to me right now with the lock nut to time it and lock it in place.

I can't wait to take this thing out and run it through its' paces.

Very scary, BAN IT!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom