• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcalebaugh

May 5, 2009
    Purchased a AR last week on the 18th. MSP is backlog on purchase request that they have ask gun shop to not release the guns, even after the regulated 7 days. Anyone else see this?

Today is the 31st and still nothing.

Approval came back on the 4th.

Last edited:

Lunchbox

Nov 8, 2007
    AA Co.
    Thats odd, I just did a transfer at MSP College Park and the trooper didn't mention that at all, he said 7 days and you can pick it up. You would think that if they are slowing the release from the stores they would put something out to the barracks as well...

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Isn't the law seven days and if no paperwork comes back it can be released to the purchaser, not that everyone minds that however. I know some FFL's won't release it till the paperwork comes back.

xcavater

Fed Up
    Oct 27, 2008
    MD
    Thats odd, I just did a transfer at MSP College Park and the trooper didn't mention that at all, he said 7 days and you can pick it up. You would think that if they are slowing the release from the stores they would put something out to the barracks as well...

You can legally transfer after the 7 day wait regardless of the backlog.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    An 01FFL (dealer) in MD cannot legally release a regulated gun until the MSP paperwork comes back as Not Disapproved. The MSP paperwork has the NICS number on it. The dealer cannot get the NICS number on their own. MD set it up this way because MSP does a more extensive background check than the feds.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    An 01FFL (dealer) in MD cannot legally release a regulated gun until the MSP paperwork comes back as Not Disapproved. The MSP paperwork has the NICS number on it. The dealer cannot get the NICS number on their own. MD set it up this way because MSP does a more extensive background check than the feds.

This.

FWIW, when I was talking to Andy at Engage, he mentioned that their paperwork was coming back at around 10-11 days from MSP.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I picked up the last lower at Engage during the Wednesday grand opening/panic of 2013.

My paperwork came back this morning and I picked it up this afternoon.

I have designated collector and a MD CHP.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    Yeah they are backed up, went to pick up my ruger 22 from the gun connection and my paper work wasn't back yet. I purchased the gun 21st, not sureif the collector paper I sent it is causing the delay.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    My FFL mails paperwork to MSP certified. Another couple of wasted days.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    yeah, they've hung up on me before when just asking routine questions like an address for mailing, etc.

Kind of messed up considering they're supposed to be our protectors

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    Isn't the law seven days and if no paperwork comes back it can be released to the purchaser, not that everyone minds that however. I know some FFL's won't release it till the paperwork comes back.

This only applies to secondary sales (private seller to buyer). Dealers must wait for a NICS number that MSP must provide on regulated guns.

ACMAN

Jan 24, 2011
    Maryland
    Yepper, have been advised a month wait for my glock

Wow 30 days!
    I really can see that there would be an extended wait, being that there is all of this panic buying going on.
    The law does state that after 7 buisness days the firearm can be released, but I don't see any of the dealers doing this in fear of pissing off the State Police.
    Has anyone ever had their firearm released to them prior to the dealer receiving the "Not Disapproved" paperwork back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom