• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

Nice, but good luck with them being in stock. I was 2nd in line at Basspro's gun counter this morning only to have the shotgun in the add not in stock. There was one there yesterday at lunch so either they hid it or someone got one last night. Many of these Bait and switch gun adds are pissing me off.
    Missed out on a Rifle last year as well.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Get one of each is the ultimate goal, Pinecone has it right. Things will have to wait for a few weeks though, got a dog with some medical issues that just came up. Dog budget > gun budget.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Can be quickly loaded using loaded clear plastic tube. Feed tube to tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quick is relative. Still takes longer to reload the Marlin over the Ruger, about 3 times as long. The time it takes to load the tubes up is equal to the amount of time it takes to load the Ruger mags. At that point all you have to do it is pop the mags into the 10/22. With the Marlin you have to twist and pull the mag tube rod out, put the tube over the mag and let the rounds flow in, then re-insert the mag rod. By that time you could have fired 2-3 10/22 mags.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...son+25+++1+22+LR+w16"+BarrelCollapsible+Stock

A $100 semiauto .22 in the 795 is a good buy.....but moving up closer to $250-300, it's harder to justify getting the 10/22 instead of a S&W M&P15-22 for a couple more bucks. The 15-22 gives you an accurate and reliable rifle that allows you to train up for cheap on an AR platform, with a good amount of skill transfer being possible.

Again, if you want one of the most accurate rimfires for strictly punching holes...then the CZ gets the nod....orrrr step up to a savage 93R in 17HMR for something you can assassinate nickels with @ 100 yards.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ts_id/90746/Savage+93R17FVSR+17HMR+HB+TB+RAIL
    Accurate is relative. The 15-22 is a 2-3 MOA rifle at best (I own 2), even the PC model with the match chamber and the RRA 2-stage trigger. Both the 10/22 and Rem 597 are more accurate (See the American Rifleman test of tactical 22's from 2010). But the 15-22 is probably the most reliable .22 out there in my book. Great for speed competition also or as a tactical trainer.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I had two 10/22's, one then another. With each, mediocre accuracy, uneventful. Sold them both. Bought another and heavy barreled it, stock, etc...might as well have had a full size rifle. De-evolved that heavy barrel back to its original form, sold the hbar, stock, accessories and the 10/22. Tried a Remington 597...not in the same class as the 597M I have. Sold the 597. Stepped out on the wire again and tried a Marlin 795. Bimbo...its a keeper...good accuracy, reliable, handles and shoots fast, could use some trigger work but that is a project for another time.

89GLH

Jan 26, 2012
    Out of that list the Ruger is the best auto-loader. Go with the savage if you want a bolt.

Truth. Picking up my Savage MKII FV-SR this weekend, ready to swap stocks soon after. There's nothing like suppressed .22, which is the basis for this purchase. I've never fired an innacurate Savage MKII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom