• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Anyone saying he should be charged with "brandishing a firearm" can you show me any state law that covers "brandishing"?

If this yahoo left his property while armed with a loaded handgun, he should pay the price just like Williams did!

Then, and only then will the system apply the law equally!

Jettster

May 18, 2008
    I know Adam, just from around town, I'm not friends with him. I don't see him harassing the Conaways beyond investigating into their shady political practices and the shady practices of the City Council and writing about it on his blog.

Mr. Conaway is too feeble to stay in office and is solely elected based on name recognition.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    As for his lapsed permit, he said: "I was never notified. I think there's an obligation on the part of the state police to notify" permit owners.

yah, ok....good luck with that! :)

Maryland issues so few permits they could probably notify them all in person before they expire. :innocent0

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Teratos, is your avatar basically what a MD permit looks like? With a few details obviously altered...though I don't know why you would leave your real picture on there?

Yep, that's it. I did change my eye color so nobody would recognize me. :D

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Yep, that's it. I did change my eye color so nobody would recognize me. :D

Ah, good thinkin ;)

Just curious, is it "nice" like a driver's license or more like my VA non-resident permit (laminated cardstock that looks like I made it in my basement with MS Paint)?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    There is no brandishing in MD. There is however First Degree Assault ( committing an assault with a firearm) which is a felony punishable by up to 25 years in prison.

That was my point. People saying he should be charged with a crime that isnt on the books.

And for first degree assault you'd need the victim to say he saw the gun pointed at him or was threaten by the gun. Or the police would have to have seen him pointing the gun at the person with their back turn. Victim so far has said he never saw a gun so it's hard to build a case with no victim.

And if anyone thinks he'll get charged and get anything other then PBJ stop kidding yourselfs.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That was my point. People saying he should be charged with a crime that isnt on the books.

And for first degree assault you'd need the victim to say he saw the gun pointed at him or was threaten by the gun. Or the police would have to have seen him pointing the gun at the person with their back turn. Victim so far has said he never saw a gun so it's hard to build a case with no victim.

And if anyone thinks he'll get charged and get anything other then PBJ stop kidding yourselfs.

So 4-203 doesn't apply?

What did Williams get setenced too? We need start demanding/mandating equality!

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    So 4-203 doesn't apply?

What did Williams get setenced too? We need start demanding/mandating equality!

What's 4-203?

If he's on his own property with a handgun open carried or conecaled there is no crime unless the gun is pointed at someone or he made threats to use it.

If he walked onto the sidewalk or the street then he's in violation of MD carrying/transporting laws.

Again...if you think he's going to get jail time you are wrong. A well connected miniority in Baltimore who "forgot" his permit had expired wont see a day in jail. There isnt 12 residents in baltimore that would find him guility.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That's the problem, the leisurely nature of how the law is applied.

There are police witness' to the event, if the douche-waffle stepped onto the side walk 4-203 should be charged.

If the douche-waffle unholstered his firearm then first degree asault needs to be thrown at him also.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ah, good thinkin ;)

Just curious, is it "nice" like a driver's license or more like my VA non-resident permit (laminated cardstock that looks like I made it in my basement with MS Paint)?

It is nice, like a driver's license. It better be for what I paid. Contributions to O'Malley aren't cheap.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    He's POS entitled class Douche-waffle. BUT it really sucks that we have laws that restrict even his right to bear arms.
    That being said, if he broke the law, as dumb as it is, he should be treated like everyone else. I just don't see it happening.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Why? He is the Clerk of the court he has no more perceived threat then anyone of you. What people want to kill him because of..........:tdown:

I have worked with the Clerk of the Court in a different jurisdiction ,,,and I would have to disagree with you about the threat level.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    That's the problem, the leisurely nature of how the law is applied.

There are police witness' to the event, if the douche-waffle stepped onto the side walk 4-203 should be charged.

If the douche-waffle unholstered his firearm then first degree asault needs to be thrown at him also.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Exactly, but it's not gonna happen unless the City of Baltimore, Baltimore City Police, the States' Attorneys Office, etc is inundated with letters and emails from folks like us (politely, of course), demanding that equality and the rule of law be applied to Conaway as it would be to anyone else to avoid the perception of corruption, favoritism, injustice, etc.

Mention that the handgun application is very clear about the applicant having the responsiblity to renew. Stay away from making judgements here since there are witnesses to this incidents. Focus on what is known--the fact that this idiot felt that the state police should have notified him of the need to renew when it was clearly his responsibility and we can make him look the fool he really is, certainly not someone to hold an office of public trust and responsiblity!!

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    Frank shouldn't be allowed to drive a car, much less carry a gun. Frank appears to have lost his mind, early Alzheimer's or something.

I noticed it in a televised debate during the last City election a few years ago. In the opening statements Frank said he was withdrawing his candidacy. in the first round of questions he tried to give his answer, and the moderator told him that since he withdrew his candidicy he couldn't participate in the debate any more. Conaway, said "so I have to leave?" the moderator "yes, sir" Conaway, "oh my Lord!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom